Ooooold desktop pc

Alamine
Go to solution Solved by Ricardo56,
Just now, Alamine said:

Just belive in yourself and it will be

tbh iluminatti vids were never funny ._. though a channel did do some interesting ones, they were sattire

I haven't read other comments but I'll tell you what it's worth from my eyes.

First, the RAM is DDR2 from the looks of it. This means that it's incompatible and really isn't worth anything on the used market.

The CPU is most likely less than 3 GHz and less that 2 cores and not a modern chipset... you see where this is going.

The mobo is useless and the case is too.

The only good part is the HDD if it isn't too slow.

Remember to drink water!

1 hour ago, toastythomas said:

First, the RAM is DDR2 from the looks of it. This means that it's incompatible and really isn't worth anything on the used market.

The CPU is most likely less than 3 GHz and less that 2 cores and not a modern chipset... you see where this is going.

To me the Ram looks like EDO ram, could also be FPM. Ddr2 looks nothing like that.

the CPU in it is likely a 486 (think 66mhz vs 3ghz) or possibly but less likely, an early pentium (1gen)

1 hour ago, Ertman said:

To me the Ram looks like EDO ram, could also be FPM. Ddr2 looks nothing like that.

the CPU in it is likely a 486 (think 66mhz vs 3ghz) or possibly but less likely, an early pentium (1gen)

Looks more like FPM than EDO to me. I don't think many 486 machines use EDO.

but yeah, looks like a 486 DX2-66. http://ps-2.kev009.com/pcpartnerinfo/ctstips/27ce.htm

Clean it up, install DOS 6.22, Install the SB16 drivers (seems to have a SB16 vibra sound chip), play Tyrian 2000. Enjoy.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

3 hours ago, toastythomas said:

Double post, but this forum software sucks and I can't figure out how to add this to my last post.

Whoooa hang on there dude, you're way off. everything in this machine isn't even near what you think it is. 

This thing is so old it would only be good running DOS or Windows 3.1, none of the hardware is compatible with modern PCs minus the PS/2 peripherals. This machine only has ISA bus slots, that was before PCI, which is before PCIe. The hard drive is IDE, so its slower than turds if you compare it to the slowest modern drive. 

Although, its not completely useless if you intend to run old software or games on it.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

22 hours ago, Tr3vor said:

Looks more like FPM than EDO to me. I don't think many 486 machines use EDO.

but yeah, looks like a 486 DX2-66. http://ps-2.kev009.com/pcpartnerinfo/ctstips/27ce.htm

Clean it up, install DOS 6.22, Install the SB16 drivers (seems to have a SB16 vibra sound chip), play Tyrian 2000. Enjoy.

I was figuring if it was a 486 it would likely be fpm but my first thought was EDO when I saw it because I don't have much experience with 486 machines.