Broken XFX Radeon hd 5830 how much is it worth?

I have a broken XFX Radeon hd 5830 and was wondering how much I could sell it for. It's very clean and new looking.

1501110602161-1283560742.jpg

It's not worth much in working condition, so probably nothing

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

free?

or 5$, there is gotta be that one person who is willing to buy it for money, why give it away for free when you can make money. 

you could try bidding it off with a minimum of $5, but i'm not sure anyone would buy it. 

Unless it's broken in a way that it won't help this is a good candidate for reflowing. 

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

i would agree with the free assessment

it would be worth about 3-5$ to someone who was missing a stock cooler for a 5830 and needed one , if you can find someone who needs one that is.

Define "broken". No display can sometimes be fixed. No power can sometimes be fixed. Artifacts like crazy usually cannot.

Of course, we're talking about a 5830. It's probably not worth the time it would take to try and fix it. I'd either put it on a display shelf or send it off to that great big e-waste center in the sky.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

18 minutes ago, ItsLukenotLucas said:

I have a broken XFX Radeon hd 5830 and was wondering how much I could sell it for. It's very clean and new looking.

1501110602161-1283560742.jpg

If you got nothing to lose i'd tear it down to the pcb and reflow it via using an oven. My friend gave me his 7850 because it stopped working (no display output) so i baked it in the oven for about 7 minutes and now i got a working card!

Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>