Who here uses comcast?

OnionRings

Say if you use them, and what your speed is. I get 200/10, and I'm so annoyed they don't offer more upload speed, they tell me " we'll send your suggestion to the right department " and never hear from them again. Higher upload would allow me to upload videos faster and stream at higher bitrates.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 hour ago, OnionRings said:

Say if you use them, and what your speed is. I get 200/10, and I'm so annoyed they don't offer more upload speed, they tell me " we'll send your suggestion to the right department " and never hear from them again. Higher upload would allow me to upload videos faster and stream at higher bitrates.

I use them. We sub to 75/10, I think the fastest we can get is 150/15. Fastest upload speed is 35 Mbps, and thats only offered on the Gigabit tier. Dont expect to hear for them. Because they dont give a fuck about. Not trying to sound mean, but Comcast doesnt give a fuck. Youll take what they give you or leave there network. Thats the Comcast attitude. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Not sure if this is against the rules, hopefully not, don't see why not as I'm not making money off it or anything, but anyway... if you have Comcast and you think they don't offer a high enough upload speed, please sign this. I would appreciate it. It may not work, they may not listen or even care, but it doesn't hurt to try. I get 230+ Mbps down speed and only 12 up, it's terrible. I need more so I can stream at higher bit rates, and upload videos faster. I would gladly purchase a higher package, but they don't offer it. The staff keeps telling me " they'll send me suggestion along " but I doubt they do. Maybe together, we can make a difference.

https://www.change.org/p/comcast-higher-upload-speed-on-comcast?recruiter=749901187&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

haha with them I got 7Mb/s. Carrier pigeon is faster. I moved to symmetric with someone else after they did the 1TB cap rollout. 

And this is a long time practice of theirs, and you'd be better off getting another ISP and telling them this is why you moved, or if it's a monopoly then figure out why and bother elected representatives who will in turn do nothing. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

8 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

haha with them I got 7Mb/s. Carrier pigeon is faster. I moved to symmetric with someone else after they did the 1TB cap rollout. 

And this is a long time practice of theirs, and you'd be better off getting another ISP and telling them this is why you moved, or if it's a monopoly then figure out why and bother elected representatives who will in turn do nothing. 

Unfortunately, I can't switch, nothing better. And I can't move, I live with my parents still and they don't want to break their lease to leave, and they don't want to move away from family. So I'm stuck with Comcast.

CPU

I get 230+ Mbps down speed and only 12 up, it's terrible. I need more so I can stream at higher bit rates, and upload videos faster.

You still have faster internet than most of us though... You don't need upload speed to "stream" data to your PC, that's download.

And if you want to upload videos, you should get a business line or contact them to know what you can get in exchange for paying hundreds per month, is what they want you to do. There's a reason why upload speed is so low, to try and reduce network strain from would be pirates who just upload terabytes of data every month, congesting the network for everyone else. Also to allow more bandwidth to be given to the downstream.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I get 230+ Mbps down speed and only 12 up, it's terrible.

Where i live almost all plans are symmetric and cheap, compared to civilized world. I have 80 up/80 down for 10$ a month. 

Sorry for bad Ingrish

cable ISPs throttle uploads, its not only in the US but all around the world. The first problem is that your modem isnt powerful enough to transmit back at higher speeds. The 2nd is that they want you to consume, not use the internet as an interconnected network (no own private services for self).

2 hours ago, OnionRings said:

Not sure if this is against the rules, hopefully not, don't see why not as I'm not making money off it or anything, but anyway... if you have Comcast and you think they don't offer a high enough upload speed, please sign this. I would appreciate it. It may not work, they may not listen or even care, but it doesn't hurt to try. I get 230+ Mbps down speed and only 12 up, it's terrible. I need more so I can stream at higher bit rates, and upload videos faster. I would gladly purchase a higher package, but they don't offer it. The staff keeps telling me " they'll send me suggestion along " but I doubt they do. Maybe together, we can make a difference.

https://www.change.org/p/comcast-higher-upload-speed-on-comcast?recruiter=749901187&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

If you can drop those SOB's like you mean it an go with Verizon, I just dumped Comcast because of lousy customer service and had the same speeds as you went with Verizon and now get 650ish down and 800ish up

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

14 hours ago, mrbilky said:

If you can drop those SOB's like you mean it an go with Verizon, I just dumped Comcast because of lousy customer service and had the same speeds as you went with Verizon and now get 650ish down and 800ish up

Unfortunately, where I live they only offer a max of 15 down, not sure the up but it probably isn't much. Maryland is shit, but I can't move. My mom doesn't want too and I can't afford to be on my own.

15 hours ago, TetraSky said:

You still have faster internet than most of us though... You don't need upload speed to "stream" data to your PC, that's download.

And if you want to upload videos, you should get a business line or contact them to know what you can get in exchange for paying hundreds per month, is what they want you to do. There's a reason why upload speed is so low, to try and reduce network strain from would be pirates who just upload terabytes of data every month, congesting the network for everyone else. Also to allow more bandwidth to be given to the downstream.

A business line huh, what would something like that cost? Not sure if they would even offer that here.

CPU

19 hours ago, OnionRings said:

You need to pay more bruh

22 minutes ago, yathis said:

You need to pay more bruh

It's not that simple. I have the best package offered.

CPU

I have to use Comcast because the only other option in my development is dial up. Too bad Verizon FIOS is no longer in Florida. When I move next year I am only going to buy a house if there are high-speed internet options other than Comcast. 

im in america lite

200/10, rogers.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

did you really need a 2nd post about this?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 hours ago, OnionRings said:

It's not that simple. I have the best package offered.

Its a package, aint even best of anything.

2 hours ago, yathis said:

Its a package, aint even best of anything.

By all means, if you know how I can call Comcast, and mind control them into offering a super secret package that they don't offer normally. I'm all ears buddy.

CPU

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

You do know that Verizon's customer service is rated as poorly as Comcast's right?  I think both are only beaten by Time Warner.

I know your probably right but Crapcast is the worst and if I'm going to have bad service the least I can do is get the fastest bad service for the money :P

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410