I may have gone to far with OCing my GPU...

IMG_1613.thumb.JPG.2577c7c74d8bfcdda69af2f1c7c92e59.JPG

okay, all kidding aside, is there any way I can upgrade my laptop? I slapped an m.2 in there and it's a Y700 14 ISK. Can I duel Chanel my Ram or do anything with my GPU to make it faster? OC a bit?

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

That's some really slow RAM.  What model do you have?

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 14ISK, the only thing I put in it is the m.2

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's some really slow RAM.  What model laptop do you have?

??

The RAM is fine, 2133MHz which is probably the max supported speed for the 6700HQ on that motherboard.

Only the timings are kinda bad.

6 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

That is a strange output since I believe the Y700 uses DDR4.

Yes it is ddr4.

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

??

The RAM is fine, 2133MHz which is probably the max supported speed for the 6700HQ on that motherboard.

Can/should I tweak the timings? It is a single stock stick. 

11 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

That is a strange output since I believe the Y700 uses DDR4.

Strange? It's DDR4-2133, the most common basic speed for DDR4.

Guess people are forgetting the Double Data Rate that means DDR4-2133 runs at 1066MHz (plus/minus a few, like 1063 here).

3 minutes ago, Bullet-Genius said:

Yes it is ddr4.

Can/should I tweak the timings? It is a single stock stick. 

If you can and have a lots of time. You don't have to. If you can get dual channel then that would be more worthwhile.

13 minutes ago, WereCat said:

??

Looks like stock to me. Most laptops don't give control over this, but if it is an option in the BIOS it would be worth trying to tweak.

Biggest improvement could be adding a second matching RAM stick if it has another slot.

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Looks like stock to me. Most laptops don't give control over this, but if it is an option in the BIOS it would be worth trying to tweak.

Biggest improvement could be adding a second matching RAM stick if it has another slot.

Do you know what a guesstimate would be on the upgraded speed?

8 minutes ago, WereCat said:

??

Now I feel stupid, I was thinking it was actually running at 1063MHz.  Which I didn't even understand, because I'd never heard of DDR4 RAM running at that frequency. xD 

@Bullet-Genius How many RAM slots do you have?  Depending on how many you have, these would work.  Keep in mind that if you have two slots, you won't want to mix it with your current RAM.  It will just slow the new RAM down.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Guess people are forgetting the Double Data Rate that means DDR4-2133 runs at 1066MHz (plus/minus a few, like 1063 here).

A lot of utilities report the doubled speed.  It's easy to mix up.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

10 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Right.  I derped.  My bad.

16 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Now I feel stupid, I was thinking it was actually running at 1063MHz.  Which I didn't even understand, because I'd never heard of DDR4 RAM running at that frequency. xD 

@Bullet-Genius How many RAM slots do you have?  Depending on how many you have, these would work.  Keep in mind that if you have two slots, you won't want to mix it with your current RAM.  It will just slow the new RAM down.

I have two slots (one unoccupied), I'll keep that in mind thanks, I've looked up some ram and it's pretty darn steep. I'll wait a bit. Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

Just now, Bullet-Genius said:

I have two slots (one unoccupied), I'll keep that in mind thanks, I've looked up some ram and it's pretty darn steep. I'll wait a bit. Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

All flash memory is really high right now due to a shortage.  You wouldn't see a huge performance boost anyway, just something for the future.  More/faster RAM is the only thing you can improve on that laptop.