PC Build - Are all components compatible?

2 minutes ago, Elat3d said:

They are compatible, however, if you're gonna spend that much, you may as well spend a little more and get an i7-7700K. It would make more use of that cooler you have too. A better quality PSU wouldn't be a bad idea either. However, it's all fine! :) 

I also think this has been posted in the wrong section :P 

Yeah they're all compatible though I would suggest you not get a 212 evo (no point really), get a better ssd (uv400 isn't very good), and get windows from kinguin.net or just use windows unactivated (you just can't change background and a few other things). Also, there's no need for the 3000 MHz ram, as b250 can only go up to 2400.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Why go with a 212 evo with a 7700? Use the stock cooler..

Why go with a 7700 when AMD is now a thing again?

I believe those kingston SSD'S are a no-go because they started to use a different memory controller.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, DocSwag said:

Yeah they're all compatible though I would suggest you not get a 212 evo (no point really), get a better ssd (uv400 isn't very good), and get windows from kinguin.net or just use windows unactivated (you just can't change background and a few other things). Also, there's no need for the 3000 MHz ram, as b250 can only go up to 2400.

Actually i can change my background on windows 10 unactivated.

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

Just now, Jrock said:

Huh weird I thought you can't. What limitations do you have then? I think there's a watermark on the background and a few things in places like settings telling you windows is unactivated, is there anything else?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Jrock said:

Usually it resets to a blank background upon restarting the PC.

1 minute ago, K0MP4CT said:

They are compatible, however, if you're gonna spend that much, you may as well spend a little more and get an i7-7700K. It would make more use of that cooler you have too. A better quality PSU wouldn't be a bad idea either. However, it's all fine! :) 

I also think this has been posted in the wrong section :P 

If you are going to get a 7700K, make sure to also get a motherboard that supports overclocking. The B250M chipset does not - you'll have to get a Z270 board for that. I made that mistake when building my first PC a couple of years ago.

Just now, DocSwag said:

Huh weird I thought you can't. What limitations do you have then? I think there's a watermark on the background and a few things in places like settings telling you windows is unactivated, is there anything else?

You can't sign in with your Microsoft account, and things like screwing around with the taskbar to get it the way you want (for example, I like a smaller one than the default setting), it won't let you do that.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Just now, FactorOfLife said:

If you are going to get a 7700K, make sure to also get a motherboard that supports overclocking. The B250M chipset does not - you'll have to get a Z270 board for that. I made that mistake when building my first PC a couple of years ago.

My bad! Didn't properly read the motherboard name.

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Yes. theres a watermark on the bottom right of your screen

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

You can't sign in with your Microsoft account, and things like screwing around with the taskbar to get it the way you want (for example, I like a smaller one than the default setting), it won't let you do that.

So basically less customization in a few places then?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

Im signed in with my microsoft account? Wot?

Just now, DocSwag said:

So basically less customization in a few places then?

Pretty much.  It's not a 30 day free trial though, so nothing that would stop you from using the core OS is blocked out.

Just now, Jrock said:

Im signed in with my microsoft account? Wot?

Hmm, my AiO won't let me sign into my account because it's not activated.  Neither does my roommate's PC.

Alright thanks for all the advice! What ssd would be recommended then?

(      get a better ssd (uv400 isn't very good)   )

(      I believe those kingston SSD'S are a no-go because they started to use a different memory controller.           )

Assuming he's doing more than gaming, I'd recommend he'd switch to Ryzen, such as 1600 or better.

Then he can use the money saved for other parts, like a better PSU, or bigger SSD.

1 minute ago, Elat3d said:

Alright thanks for all the advice! What ssd would be recommended then?

(      get a better ssd (uv400 isn't very good)   )

(      I believe those kingston SSD'S are a no-go because they started to use a different memory controller.           )

WD Blue

Okay this is the updated build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/C92Tcc

I'm buying the parts from mindfactory, so the total price is not the same as on the partpicker website ( about 1240 euros including shipping). Also the corsair vengeance ram at the speed of 2400 and 3000 costs the same so thats why I'm going with the higher speed even though it wont benefit me.

And yeah this pc is not only meant for gaming, I also edit videos. And for the guy recommending ryzen, I have had bad experience with amd in the past so that's the reason for going with intel.

Thanks all for helping me out!