Samsung Galaxy S5 To Enter Mass Production In January, Coming In Two Versions

Youbetternot

As we all know the Samsung Galaxy s5 will be released in 2014, we now know it will be in January. However we did not expect 2 versions of the s5, I guess they want to do what the s4 did. The two versions of the s5 are one with a metal case and a flexible OLED which is the "Premium" model and another one with a normal OLED and a plastic chassis. NO! PLASTIC, why plastic  :(. This would be the first Samsung phone with a metal body. It sports a 64-bit Exynos or a Snapdragon processor, some of the rumours are suggesting 4 GB of RAM, while others that it'll pack "only" 3 GB. There is a 16-megapixel front-facing camera, a 4,000 mAh battery and it will come with Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. 

5623-63583482_680_400.jpg

Samsung's next-generation smartphone, the Galaxy S5, plans to enter mass production in January. One of the main problems of the Galaxy S4 was its plastic chassis, but apparently Samsung has listened to customers and is preparing two chassis versions of the upcoming Galaxy S5.

Reportedly, it should come in two versions; one with a metal case and a flexible OLED that has already leaked, and will be a "Premium" model and another one with a normal OLED and a plastic chassis.

It sports a 64-bit Exynos or a Snapdragon processor, some of the rumours are suggesting 4 GB of RAM, while others that it'll pack "only" 3 GB. There is a 16-megapixel front-facing camera, a 4,000 mAh battery and it will come with Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5623/samsung-galaxy-s5-to-enter-mass-production-in-january-coming-in-two-versions.html

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I don't trust anything Samsung specify about upcoming phones now since they advertised the S4 with the cool Octacore Exynos chip then gave the majority of the world a Qualcomm Quad Core with a crappy onboard audio chip.

(such revolutionary)
(wow, so amaze)
(such shock)

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

4000mAh!?!? how did they cram that in there! 4gb of RAM though? interesting. kinda like the ubuntu phone that could be used as a desktop as well. We shall see.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I see the words "premium," "phone," and "front-facing camera."  That will be 4 lawsuits launched by Apple, 5 if you count the hyphenated word as 2.  I really hope they don't release as many versions as the freakin' S4!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Lol, what the hell do you need 4GB of ram on a phone for? I don't even crack 2GB.

And i think you read it wrong, the 'premium' version will be the one with a metal chassis :)

Hopefully the touchwiz bloat is toned down, the phone is just sluggish in too many areas stock. 

Lol, what the hell do you need 4GB of ram on a phone for? I don't even crack 2GB.

And i think you read it wrong, the 'premium' version will be the one with a metal chassis :)

Glad i wasn't the only one to catch this mistake. I'll be picking up the metal one, getting phone insurance, and whiping touch wize off. and never using a case.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Feel dumb

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

16MP  Front facing camera?

what

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

16MP  Front facing camera?

what

Oh no, all the teens will be able to post high-res selfies now.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

"640K ought to be enough for anyone"

Can we please stop saying "X and Y is enought". I know a lot of people on this forum are very young but seriously, you should know some history. X and Y are never enough. We should always strive for more and better. People on a tech forum should know this. If you're against progression then the tech field is not something for you.

Can we please stop saying "X and Y is enought". I know a lot of people on this forum are very young but seriously, you should know some history. X and Y are never enough. We should always strive for more and better. People on a tech forum should know this. If you're against progression then the tech field is not something for you.

Well, there's always a point in the present where enough is enough, and it's this.

Rather than 'progressing' in more the amount of memory - what, discovering how to cram more chips into the same space, i'd rather they bloody give better processors/cram in larger batteries [Although the leaked 4000 is pretty impressive]. 2GB is enough for now, and by the time it isn't, this phone will be obsolete. In the future when 4GB is required, then we'd have phones with 12GB of ram, and those will be 'excessive for 20xx'.

Next.

Oooohhhh if the premium one is really sexy I might not get the HTC M8 :x

2 versions with 2 diff materials? Apple iPhone 5S/5C copy much?

Jk :P damn these phones come out fast!

M

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Well, there's always a point in the present where enough is enough, and it's this.

Yep, and people said that exact same thing when we reached 1GB of memory on a desktop. "Wow 1GB? That's so unnecessary".

Rather than 'progressing' in more the amount of memory - what, discovering how to cram more chips into the same space, i'd rather they bloody give better processors/cram in larger batteries [Although the leaked 4000 is pretty impressive]. 2GB is enough for now, and by the time it isn't, this phone will be obsolete. In the future when 4GB is required, then we'd have phones with 12GB of ram, and those will be 'excessive for 20xx'.

Next.

You also have to remember that the RAM is shared between the GPU and CPU. The Adreno 320 in the Note 3 performs better than in the LG G2 because it has more VRAM, and there is a noticeable difference. We don't know what features phones might get in the future either. For example the Note 3 lets you run multiple windows which can use quite a bit of RAM. You can't add features unless the hardware is good enough, so the hardware has to be more advanced than the software. If we don't get 4GB phones soon, then we won't get programs that can take advantage of 4GB of memory, and if we don't need it then why add it? See where I am going? If nobody takes the first step then progress comes to a halt.

Again, you should never ever complain that "X is enough". We should always try to get better and better hardware and software.

all of the specs you listed sounds to good to be true unless it's going to cost at least 1000 USD

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

SIXTEEN MEGAPIXEL FRONT FACING CAMERA?!?!? HOLY FAK!!

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

in this situation 2gb is enough the only time we shoud we getting phones with more ram is when the software catches up utilizes more because right now it is just a waste

in this situation 2gb is enough the only time we shoud we getting phones with more ram is when the software catches up utilizes more because right now it is just a waste

No. There is no such thing as "enough" when it comes to specs and advancement in technology. If the hardware isn't there to support it the software will never get made. Hardware ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS needs to be multiple steps a head of software. You can't create software for hardware that does not exist, it just doesn't work that way. The word "enough" is basically a roadblock to hardware and holds things back. Windows XP was "enough" for over a decade and the slow adoption of significantly better OSes held back PCs. The PS3 and 360 were "enough" for eight years and for the past three years the consoles have held back the game industry. Enough is a terrible word and should NEVER be used when talking about new hardware. There is never enough of anything in the hardware world.

I do so hope the bootloader is unlocked, or at the very least, easy to crack! *scours at GS 4 Active*

sysloc

Even with a 16mp front facing camerA, the iPhone will still be the number one selfie machine.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Its going to be the same thing. Apple should sue Samsung for copying its innovative style!