Under $120 headphones with sound signature like Shure SRH1540

atrash

The Shure SRH1540 have always been my dream headphone for years now (tried it at a headphone shop) but the price is realistically out of reach for me. I was wondering if there are any headphones with almost the same sound signature as the SRH1540 while priced under $120?

Just for reference,my current headphones are Sennheiser PXC 550, Status Audio OB-1 and Shure SE215 LTD if that helps. replaceable cable would be a plus. I absolutely love the OB-1 sound altho it's proper open back headphones. on the PXC 550 I'm using the director mode with Boost set to Rumble and everything else off.

And btw, I'm based in UK. Thank you so much for the help in advance.

Interesting pick for a dream headphone. This one is going to be hard to give suggestions for 2 reasons. 1. It's really hard to say that 2 headphones have the same sound signature, especially from 2 drastically different price ranges. 2. These aren't extremely well known headphones so people are not really going to be familiar with the sound signature. Now if you said something with a similar sound signature to like HD 650s, HD 800s, TH-900s, K712s etc... all popular headphones that people are familiar with, than it would be a lot easier. Sorry can't really help with this.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Interesting pick for a dream headphone. This one is going to be hard to give suggestions for 2 reasons. 1. It's really hard to say that 2 headphones have the same sound signature, especially from 2 drastically different price ranges. 2. These aren't extremely well known headphones so people are not really going to be familiar with the sound signature. Now if you said something with a similar sound signature to like HD 650s, HD 800s, TH-900s, K712s etc... all popular headphones that people are familiar with, than it would be a lot easier. Sorry can't really help with this.

yeah that's what i thought too. but it's worth the try. I genuinely fell in love with the SRH1540 sound when I tried it. can't say I've had any experience with any of those you've mentioned tho

12 minutes ago, atrash said:

The Shure SRH1540 have always been my dream headphone for years now (tried it at a headphone shop) but the price is realistically out of reach for me. I was wondering if there are any headphones with almost the same sound signature as the SRH1540 while priced under $120?

Just for reference,my current headphones are Sennheiser PXC 550, Status Audio OB-1 and Shure SE215 LTD if that helps. replaceable cable would be a plus.

And btw, I'm based in UK. Thank you so much for the help in advance.

Laid back and neutral sounding? NVX XPT100s have that for relatively cheap.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, atrash said:

yeah that's what i thought too. but it's worth the try. I genuinely fell in love with the SRH1540 sound when I tried it. can't say I've had any experience with any of those you've mentioned tho

Yeah I was just saying that probably most people haven't heard of those headphones. Shure isn't know for headphones as much as a lot of other brands like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG, Fostex, etc...

9 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yeah I was just saying that probably most people haven't heard of those headphones. Shure isn't know for headphones as much as a lot of other brands like Sennheiser, Audio Technica, AKG, Fostex, etc...

They make high quality headphones as well

19 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Laid back and neutral sounding? NVX XPT100s have that for relatively cheap.

IDK if SRH1540 can be called as neutral sounding. but I'll have a look at the NVX XPT100. if i can find the FR graph for it.

18 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I understand. Their SRH840 are pretty well known but I've tried both and I do like the 1540 more.

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I've seen that thread. I'm just asking for a more specific option if anyone can recommend me one based on my preference

11 minutes ago, atrash said:

IDK if SRH1540 can be called as neutral sounding. but I'll have a look at the NVX XPT100. if i can find the FR graph for it.

I understand. Their SRH840 are pretty well known but I've tried both and I do like the 1540 more.

I've seen that thread. I'm just asking for a more specific option if anyone can recommend me one based on my preference

I'm wearing a pair right now. They're so comfy and are very relaxing to listen to. They have a ton of soundstage for closed backs and are about as close to what you want I can think of.

2328304.jpg

Here's the freq. response.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

32 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes I know Shure does make high quality headphones they do make good stuff. I was just saying that they are not as well known as many of the brands I mentioned.

13 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I'm wearing a pair right now. They're so comfy and are very relaxing to listen to. They have a ton of soundstage for closed backs and are about as close to what you want I can think of.

2328304.jpg

Here's the freq. response.

which is which on that graph btw? I'm also looking at the Innerfidelity graph too atm.

14 minutes ago, atrash said:

which is which on that graph btw? I'm also looking at the Innerfidelity graph too atm.

The one on the left I do believe.