Corsair H100i v2 which fans

16 minutes ago, For Science! said:

So if you were doing push-pull with the 4 fans you have, this is what I would do, since it doesn't make much sense to overpower one fan with another

[ NF-F12 ] [ Corsair Fan]

[--------Radiator-----------]

[ NF-F12 ] [ Corsair Fan]

What kind of 980 do you have? it kind of affects whether you want to top mount or front mount the radiator. In a gaming situation your GPU is likely to be the noisier out of the 2 so its actually better to not worry about your CPU fans too much.

Gigaybte gtx 980 oc windforce 3x

2 minutes ago, Zerebratox said:

Gigaybte gtx 980 oc windforce 3x

So this is an open shroud graphics card that kicks out quite a lot of heat during games and balanced tests like RealBench. If you radiator is mounted on the top of the case as exhaust then it has to cool itself using the warm air coming from the graphics card. So in this case it would be better to mount your radiator in the front of the case as an intake so that it can have access to cool air.

Obviously this means that your GPU will have access to slightly warmer air than before, but these open shroud coolers tend to be able to take it.

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

So this is an open shroud graphics card that kicks out quite a lot of heat during games and balanced tests like RealBench. If you radiator is mounted on the top of the case as exhaust then it has to cool itself using the warm air coming from the graphics card. So in this case it would be better to mount your radiator in the front of the case as an intake so that it can have access to cool air.

Obviously this means that your GPU will have access to slightly warmer air than before, but these open shroud coolers tend to be able to take it.

Well im switching to a EVGA GTX 980 ti classified in some days, still the same problem?

Just now, Zerebratox said:

Well im switching to a EVGA GTX 980 ti classified in some days, still the same problem?

Yep, probably even worst since the 980Ti will kick out more heat.

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Yep, probably even worst since the 980Ti will kick out more heat.

so how am i gonna install in on front?

which radiators on which side and where should i put all the cables? Should i give the 200mm on top ?

14 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Which case are you using? A photo could be helpful too.

Phanteks enthoo pro, on their homepage is a good picture

20 hours ago, For Science! said:

You'll have to remove both drive cages, but it'll improve your airflow substantially.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3279657/all

post-670170-1404529487.jpgpost-670170-1404529506.jpg

I will try it as it is at the moment. If because of the new gpu my system will be too hot i will try the block in the front with the 2 slow in the front as intake and the 2 fast out of the block in the case. Maybe putting the back fan at 100% rather than 50% maybe 1200 rpm will be better than those lame 750 rpm. Any good "fan control" hardware, so i dont have to set them to either 50 or 100%, for real time control?

7 minutes ago, Zerebratox said:

-snip-

Not entirely sure I understood the question, are you asking if there is a way to regulate the fan speed according to the temperature of something? What motherboard are you using? Or do you mean something like speedfan that can control the speed of your fan while you are logged in?

You also want to make sure you have more incoming air than exhaust otherwise you may find a lot of dust accumulation in your system.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Not entirely sure I understood the question, are you asking if there is a way to regulate the fan speed according to the temperature of something? What motherboard are you using? Or do you mean something like speedfan that can control the speed of your fan while you are logged in?

You also want to make sure you have more incoming air than exhaust otherwise you may find a lot of dust accumulation in your system.

So the faster fans as intake and the slower for getting the heat out of the block in the system?

I mean something like a piece of hardware, where i can put in the cables from the fans and then regulate the fans, sorry english isnt my first language, so i dont know how to put it.

1 minute ago, Zerebratox said:

So the faster fans as intake and the slower for getting the heat out of the block in the system?

I mean something like a piece of hardware, where i can put in the cables from the fans and then regulate the fans, sorry english isnt my first language, so i dont know how to put it.

You can regulate the speed of the fans in the BIOS according to various temperatures, but I guess you are asking for something like a front panel fan speed controllor. Never used one myself but something like this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992013

Just now, For Science! said:

You can regulate the speed of the fans in the BIOS according to various temperatures, but I guess you are asking for something like a front panel fan speed controllor. Never used one myself but something like this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992013

yea, thats what i meant. The question came up, because i dont know how to get perfect airflow in my case. As you know, at the moment i have a 200mm fan in the front with 780 rpm (50%) and in the back a 140mm fan with 750 rpm (50%) on the top the watercooling with 2 120mm fans 700-1500 rpm getting air from the case into the watercooling.

And i am not sure how to get the perfect airflow in the case to minimum heat. So i thought, what if i put more power to the fron and back fan, but 1200-1500 rpm is loud for idle, so if i could control them when i want it would be better.