Peripheral Advice

Go to solution Solved by lFaust,
Just now, TheBloodedEagle said:

Thanks and I know what you mean abut getting something good now and not regretting later but I'v treated myself enough already with this build. I was going to get the G403 but decided to get the 503 and freaking €180 headphones

At the end of the day it's your call anyways, if I had asked whether or not I should buy the Bluetooth mouse/keyboard combination I'm using now here, I'd have probably been crucified xD "Imperically" mechanical keyboards are probably the "best" but I for one can live without it, if that means I can easily stash my peripherals away when I actually need my desk space. If you can live without it for the sake of having the mouse and headphones, you go buddy!

Hi,

I'd love some thoughts on my choice of peripherals for my new build. They're all RGB (don't judge) and they're all from logitech. I want them all to be from the same company so I don't have to fumble around with multiple programs to change lights/settings. This is the best I could find from logitech to suit my needs.

Mouse - I wanted a good mouse that would last me a while. I heard that a mouse is the most important thing in your setup (excluding the pc of course). I'm coming from an xbox one btw. I wanted something that performs well and looks good while not breaking the bank. I chose the Logitech G502 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/g502-proteus-spectrum-rgb-gaming-mouse

Keyboard - For the keyboard I didn't want anything special. I would have liked mechanical switches but I was willing to sacrifice that since I'm coming from a shitty keyboard on a laptop. I just wanted it to look nice and not be too tacky. Wrist rest was also pretty important. I chose the Logitech G213 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/g213-rgb-gaming-keyboard

Headset - For my headset I wanted something very comfortable since my last headset was a very uncomfortable turtle beach. RGB again (of course), surround sound and for them to look good too. I don't plan on upgrading these for a few years at least. I chose the Logitech G633 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/g633-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset?recommends 

Monitor - I chose a 1080p ultrawide because I'm used to 1080p with console anyway and I really want the ultrawide but can't afford 1440p http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM69G-B-ultrawide-monitor

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated

make sure you check out the roamer g switches before you buy them becasue they are weird compared to regurlar mechanical switches (kinda mushy feeling)

G502 is really good 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

2 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

make sure you check out the roamer g switches before you buy them becasue they are weird compared to regurlar mechanical switches (kinda mushy feeling)

G502 is really good 

Thanks, but the G213 uses mech dome switches the are supposed to "feel like" mechanical switches 

a mechanical switch is out of the world. you type on it more than you look at the lights right?

1 minute ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

Thanks, but the G213 uses mech dome switches the are supposed to "feel like" mechanical switches 

feel is very subjective though

1 minute ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Spectrum-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B015XW0XVA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500646100&sr=8-1&keywords=g410

GET THIS ITS CHEAPER AND MECH RGB SLKFJSD:FK EI :DVJ 

if you need numpad the G810 is only 30 more

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

a mechanical switch is out of the world. you type on it more than you look at the lights right?

Yeah but.. but... RGB!!!!!

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

feel is very subjective though

Yeah its just more bullshit marketing

3 minutes ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

Yeah but.. but... RGB!!!!!

That's just stupid getting something because it has RGB

Yeah it is cool but an RGB headphone? Really? Do you look at yourself in the mirror while playing the game as well?

There are way better higher quality headphones than what Logitech offers. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

this mouse lasts for ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTOUqTbswTo

.... and requires an additional $100 mousepad so price of entry is $200 and the mousepad doesn't even have an RGB ring !!!!!!111!!!1!!!!!

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That's just stupid getting something because it has RGB

Yeah it is cool but an RGB headphone? Really? Do you look at yourself in the mirror while playing the game as well?

There are way better higher quality headphones than what Logitech offers. 

I care about rgb headphones. Just that the headphones i chose based on reviews I saw happened to have rgb. Even corsairs high end headphones have rgb  

9 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

.... and requires an additional $100 mousepad so price of entry is $200 and the mousepad doesn't even have an RGB ring !!!!!!111!!!1!!!!!

Yeah, I may be an rgb fanboy but I dont think I need a wireless mouse with a wireless charging mouse pad when i could just get a wired one

I have had the G213 and personally wasn't that impressed by it tbh. I just wanted something that wouldn't break and chose it because I already had a G403 at that point so I wanted something matching. The keys felt good at first (coming from a super, really old rubber dome keyboard) but ended up falling kind of flat after a bit. The "," and "." started to not actuate until they were pressed all the way down, though to be fair that that's likely just bad luck on my part. 

It's not a terrible keyboard, but I could've definitely bought something better for the 70€ I paid back then

EDIT: also, you definitely notice that the keys are rubber - I didn't know that they were "supposed to feel mech" so maybe that's why I didn't feel it ;) 

Ryzen is pretty cool I guess

4 minutes ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

I care about rgb headphones. Just that the headphones i chose based on reviews I saw happened to have rgb. Even corsairs high end headphones have rgb  

GET THE G410 IT'S A BETTER KB IN EVERY SINGLE WAY

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

1 minute ago, lFaust said:

I have had the G213 and personally wasn't that impressed by it tbh. I just wanted something that wouldn't break and chose it because I already had a G403 at that point so I wanted something matching. The keys felt good at first (coming from a super, really old rubber dome keyboard) but ended up falling kind of flat after a bit. The "," and "." started to not actuate until they were pressed all the way down, though to be fair that that's likely just bad luck on my part. 

It's not a terrible keyboard, but I could've definetly bought something better for the 70€ I paid back then

I would just get something from red dragon but I don't want to pay for shipping twice and one of the biggest things for me was having them all from the same brand because that somehow, for some reason appeals to me. I'll look at some other companies but I'm not sure. Though what I'm typing on now is a very crappy keyboard on a generic, non gaming laptop so I don't expect much

6 minutes ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

*DON'T care*

2 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

GET THE G410 IT'S A BETTER KB IN EVERY SINGLE WAY

Logitech dont sell it anymore and instead of paying for shipping twice I might aswell just get a better keyboard from a different company

I would just get something from red dragon but I don't want to pay for shipping twice and one of the biggest things for me was having them all from the same brand because that somehow, for some reason appeals to me. I'll look at some other companies but I'm not sure. Though what I'm typing on now is a very crappy keyboard on a generic, non gaming laptop so I don't expect much

Don't worry I totally get the matching peripherals thing. Also, if you're coming from an old laptop keyboard anything's going to be better. It's just that if you're already going for new peripherals you might as well treat yourself with something good that won't feel like c**p after a few month of use :) 

Just now, lFaust said:

Don't worry I totally get the matching peripherals thing. Also, if you're coming from an old laptop keyboard anything's going to be better. It's just that if you're already going for new peripherals you might as well treat yourself with something good that won't feel like c**p after a few month of use :) 

Thanks and I know what you mean abut getting something good now and not regretting later but I'v treated myself enough already with this build. I was going to get the G403 but decided to get the 503 and freaking €180 headphones

At the end of the day it's your call anyways, if I had asked whether or not I should buy the Bluetooth mouse/keyboard combination I'm using now here, I'd have probably been crucified xD "Imperically" mechanical keyboards are probably the "best" but I for one can live without it, if that means I can easily stash my peripherals away when I actually need my desk space. If you can live without it for the sake of having the mouse and headphones, you go buddy!

5 minutes ago, lFaust said:

Thanks man!

34 minutes ago, TheBloodedEagle said:

Logitech dont sell it anymore and instead of paying for shipping twice I might aswell just get a better keyboard from a different company

amazon has free shipping usuallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyYYYy

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN:

2 hours ago, lw88 said:

The g502 is heavy af, the keyboard is membrane and the headset is virtual surround.

Drop to a g402, a microsoft ergonomic board and a wired stereo set, get exactly the same gaming experience and save yourself hundreds of euros.

Then spend it on a 144hz monitor.

Thanks but too late. I'v already ordered everything:D

4 hours ago, lw88 said:

Drop to a g402, a microsoft ergonomic board and a wired stereo set, get exactly the same gaming experience and save yourself hundreds of euros.

G403 is meta

ergo boards aren't great for gaming sometimes because your left hand isn't able to reach keys on the right side as quickly for things like maps and whatnot

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

OTHER TECH I OWN: