Can't decise if I should get a new keyboard...

InsanityWolf
Go to solution Solved by Spuriae,

Cherry Reds aren't really a direct upgrade over Outemus, and Corsair isn't much better than Motospeed. Not worth upgrading at all, especially if you aren't a big fan of what you have now. You'll just end up with another RGB paperweight.

Hello.I will build a pc in a month with a budget of about 950€ for the computer and 150€ for the monitor(1100 total).I already own a mechanical keyboard with outemou red switches,the motospeed ck104 and although everyone reccomends it in my country to me it didn't seem much better than the one that my 5-year old 700€ laptop has.However,today I saw some serious sales on these keyboards:
-Corsair Strafe Mechanical Cherry MX Red from 130€ down to 80 and the RGB Version from 170€ down to 115
-Corsair K70 Lux Mechanical Cherry MX Red or Brown from 140€ down to 95 and the RGB Version from 180€ down to 125.
Do you think any of these keyboards are gonna be good for their price or should I keep the one that I already have and keep all of the money for a better graphics card,more ram,an ssd etc.Please leave your suggestion and thanks for reading ;)

more preformance is going to be nicer then a new keyboard

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Cherry Reds aren't really a direct upgrade over Outemus, and Corsair isn't much better than Motospeed. Not worth upgrading at all, especially if you aren't a big fan of what you have now. You'll just end up with another RGB paperweight.

@InsanityWolf It really boils down to why do you want or feel you need a new keyboard.  Are you looking for feature you don't currently have, something that has individually addressable keys for lighting or macros?  USB pass through for cleaner setup?  Once you determine the why, the decision might become more apparent on the priority list.  Hopefully that helps.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/