NZXT S340 stock fan placement problem

phumkie

Hello, I just bought a NZXT S340 case for my first build, but I havent ordered any case fans so I want to move the stock top fan to the front, am I able to do that without cutting the cable tie with the fan cables, power button cables etc?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry if this quedtion is in the wrong thread, im new here.)

I don't have first hand experience and i am aslo worried I might be misunderstanding your question but from what I can see on the website it just comes with 2 fans you connect to your motherboard. You should be able to unscrew them and screw them into the front instead and if the cables reach (which I am very sure they will -  FN V2 included but I can't find their cable length).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Welcome to the forums!

All fans are usually connected via their own inputs va 3pin/4pin.

Moving a fan means:

• The the 3/4pin off the motherboard
  • Unhook the fan from the chassi with a screwdriver
  • Place it where you want it to be and put the screws back on it
  • Hook it up to the closest case fan header on your motherboard.

Any 3pin fan should go into any 3/4pin connector on the motherboard.

They're universal, or should be.

You shouldn't have to interfere with any other cables or hardware while doing this UNLESS they're basically in the way. :)

Just now, MVPernula said:

All fans are usually connected via their own inputs va 3pin/4pin.

Moving a fan means:

• The the 3/4pin off the motherboard
  • Unhook the fan from the chassi with a screwdriver
  • Place it where you want it to be and put the screws back on it
  • Hook it up to the closest case fan header on your motherboard.

Any 3pin fan should go into any 3/4pin connector on the motherboard.

They're universal, or should be.

You shouldn't have to interfere with any other cables or hardware while doing this UNLESS they're basically in the way. :)

1 minute ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I don't have first hand experience and i am aslo worried I might be misunderstanding your question but from what I can see on the website it just comes with 2 fans you connect to your motherboard. You should be able to unscrew them and screw them into the front instead and if the cables reach (which I am very sure they will -  FN V2 included but I can't find their cable length).

Thank you two for the reply, what I mean is, the top fan is bunched up with the other case cables, (fans, power switch, hdd led and the usb 3.0 port cables) my problem is that I cant remove the cable from the bunch as they are cable tied and the cable looks ugly because it goes from the front to the middle in front of the case (not behind in the management area), I guess I will have to cut the cable ties so I can remove the fan cable and move it?

Just now, PineyCreek said:

You may have to snip a cable tie.  They include extra ties in the S340 box.

Alrighty, thank you so much! Back to building I go! :D

23 minutes ago, phumkie said:

Thank you two for the reply, what I mean is, the top fan is bunched up with the other case cables, (fans, power switch, hdd led and the usb 3.0 port cables) my problem is that I cant remove the cable from the bunch as they are cable tied and the cable looks ugly because it goes from the front to the middle in front of the case (not behind in the management area), I guess I will have to cut the cable ties so I can remove the fan cable and move it?

Yeah in that case you'll have to snip it!

Like @PineyCreek mentioned; they're included. And if they don't happen to be included getting new ones are cheap! :)

Just be very careful with snipping, naturally. Other important cables run in the pre-installed cable ties as well.