A question regarding the be quiet! dark base pro 900's hard drive compatibility with front mounted radiators

I am pretty certain that I am wanting to use the be quiet! dark base pro 900 for my next build.  I wanted to ask a question about the case though.

I am wanting to invert the motherboard, while i am going to get an air cooler at first, I may want to upgrade to an AIO in the future.

If I have the motherboard inverted I would imagine that mounting the AIO on the top would be difficult.

I don't necessarily mind mounting said AIO in the front, however I care about potentially loosing hard drive cages.

Does anyone know if you mount a 280 mm in front, with the optical drive cages still installed, do you still have enough room for at least one hard drive cage?

you can fit 3 with my h110i v2 in there. i have two as you can see but there's room for one more.

also that's because it's a push pull on the fans. if you mount the fans on the other side of the front panel and use only push you can fit all your hard drives up to the hoses. 

hopefully that makes sense. 

you would have the fans hidden and the radiator where the leftmost set of fans would be.

I had it like this before i inverted it but the 100i v2 hoses weren't long enough so i had to  put the fans on the inside of the case as you see there.

20170717_185123.jpg

don't mind the ssd hanging in outer space there

18 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

you can fit 3 with my h110i v2 in there. i have two as you can see but there's room for one more.

also that's because it's a push pull on the fans. if you mount the fans on the other side of the front panel and use only push you can fit all your hard drives up to the hoses. 

hopefully that makes sense. 

you would have the fans hidden and the radiator where the leftmost set of fans would be.

I had it like this before i inverted it but the 100i v2 hoses weren't long enough so i had to  put the fans on the inside of the case as you see there.

20170717_185123.jpg

don't mind the ssd hanging in outer space there

Wow, that was quite detailed, thank you.

And that is with the optical drives still installed?  I can't see them.  I don't necessarily have to have them, but it would be nice to keep them installed.

5 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

And that is with the optical drives still installed?  I can't see them.  I don't necessarily have to have them, but it would be nice to keep them installed.

that is with no optical drives. i don't need it so it's not in there.

if you do mount the fans on the other side of the and have just the radiator on the inside you should have room to put your hard drives behind the radiators and leave your optical drive up there

9 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Now with visual aid

COLORED.jpg

1 minute ago, DoctorZeus said:

that is with no optical drives. i don't need it so it's not in there.

if you do mount the fans on the other side of the and have just the radiator on the inside you should have room to put your hard drives behind the radiators and leave your optical drive up there

OK, cool.  I just need to check the radiator thickness, and tubing length before I buy an AIO,  Thank you again.

1 minute ago, DoctorZeus said:

Now with visual aid

COLORED.jpg

So you can put hard drive cages where the optical drive cages are?  I didn't know that.

15 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

So you can put hard drive cages where the optical drive cages are?  I didn't know that.

yeah I didn't need optical so i just slap em there.