New build assistance/Advice

So I am looking at a 1080p/likely 1440p in the future, mostly gaming build. I have a semi rounded idea of what I am picking as far as parts but it has been many years since my last system build and am in no way up to date with current trends and technology. I'm looking to keep the budget to the under 1700 mark if possible and have a heavy preference for as quite as possible.

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-7600 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $303.00 
CPU Cooler be quiet! - PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $45.00 
Motherboard ASRock - B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $109.00 
Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $185.00 
Storage Samsung - 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive                                                 Already Own
Storage Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  Already Own 
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Strix Video Card $495.00 
Case Raidmax - Hyperion MicroATX Mid Tower Case $119.00
Power Supply Silverstone - Strider Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $115.00 
Optical Drive LG - GH24NSD1 DVD/CD Writer $18.95 

Total $1389.95

Already have a 1TB WD Black and 850 Pro that will be coming over to the new system. I have no interest in overclocking anything and would prefer to just build it and leave it until it becomes obsolete like my current system. I do no workstation based tasks, no real editing/encoding (occasional changing video/audio formats but not often enough to matter), just YouTube/Facebook/basic things and then everything from old indie games to new AAA titles.

I Have a average 1080p monitor currently but this will be something that changes after I build the system and more than likely I will be going to something 1440p and 144hz. Prefer to play games as maxed as I can settings wise while staying comfortably above 60 fps (higher once I get the new monitor)

I also have no brand loyalty to anyone so if AMD do something better for the same price I will go that way, it makes no difference at the end of the day anyway. In Australia as well so raped on prices and availability of everything.

R5 would be better than the i5, realistically you would need a 1080ti for 1440p 144hz if you want to play Ultra/maxed, 1060 would only do that at med-low on most games (would be fine for med-high though for 60 fps there). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

try this instead:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($295.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ IJK) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($185.00 @ IJK) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Mini Video Card  ($799.00 @ Scorptec) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.00 @ Umart) 
Total: $1696.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-17 19:34 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

16 minutes ago, ThrustyPuss said:

Already have a 1TB WD Black and 850 Pro that will be coming over to the new system(Still listing them in the prices and what not

are you counting it into the budget?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

16 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

are you counting it into the budget?

Just noticed have included them, no idea why I did. Likely due to changing the build a million times already and just forgetting I own the bloody things already.

Just fixed the dumb

Is there much of a reason to go 370 series motherboard with no intention to overclock at all? Also chance of going 2 GPU's in my future are 0%

1 hour ago, ThrustyPuss said:

Is there much of a reason to go 370 series motherboard with no intention to overclock at all? Also chance of going 2 GPU's in my future are 0%

in that case get a cheaper 550w PSU and b350 mobo and spend the money elsewhere.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FBnWRG

this is my recent build, imo I think this will last you a few years, you can change the cooler to an air cooler if you want and maybe pick up just 2 fans instead of 4 and use the stock fans that the case comes with. As for the RAM you should go with at least a 3000 mghz if you're going with ryzen. Trust me you will save a lot of money buying ryzen.