CPU help!

Go to solution Solved by Grape Guild,

I wish I had friends...

anyways, get the i7! I mean, your getting a nice board for free.  Why not pair it with a nice CPU???

Hi guys! Currently i have an i5 2400 and i managed to save some money up and i was thinking on an upgrade.

A friend gave me his Maximus V gene so i want to stay on lga 1155 cause i dont have that much money to buy a new cpu and motherboard.

What do you recommend? A 3570k or a 3770k? Am i gonna lose alot on not upgrading to lga1150? Is my current cpu still ok to run all AAA games that come in the future ( im getting a r9 290 on christmas i hope) ?

Thanks everybody!

3570K plus a good cooler. The i5 2400 is fine, but you coul d get a lot more mileage aout of a 3570K if you overclock it. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

get the i7 and damn your friend is generous 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I wish I had friends...

anyways, get the i7! I mean, your getting a nice board for free.  Why not pair it with a nice CPU???

You've got a good friend! I would get the 3700k or a 3570k and a decent air cooler.  If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :)

I wish I had friends...

Don't say that, i bet you have friends !

Thanks for the advice!!