stutter with 1080ti

Realz
6 hours ago, Realz said:

@DocSwag Hey doc sorry for the late response at work a lot recently, i mean if i go to 4.0ghz would that even fix it or is it so far i need a new cpu? Or could it be drivers for the 1080ti issue? or is it a bottleneck for sure?

You should be able to reach 4.2 or 4.3 even, I'm not sure about fix but I think it would at least alleviate it.

Drivers doesn't make a ton of sense imo. I'm not 100% sure it's a CPU bottleneck but I am about 80% sure

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

@DocSwag @pyrojoe34 Hey doc and pyro,thank you 2 for all the help through this thing. I may have found a fix last night i was playing Path of exile after a bit i started getting the stutter again with that game. I finally installed my ssd i had around and installed it onto it and the stutter went away. When i first played an intial 2hours on m.2 it was fine then started to stutter. I'm hoping it is m.2 the whole time or my motherboard can't supprt them too well so we will see, just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. sorry for poor grammar 

28 minutes ago, Realz said:

@DocSwag @pyrojoe34 Hey doc and pyro,thank you 2 for all the help through this thing. I may have found a fix last night i was playing Path of exile after a bit i started getting the stutter again with that game. I finally installed my ssd i had around and installed it onto it and the stutter went away. When i first played an intial 2hours on m.2 it was fine then started to stutter. I'm hoping it is m.2 the whole time or my motherboard can't supprt them too well so we will see, just wanted to see what you guys thought about it. sorry for poor grammar 

Interesting. I never thought an hdd could be the issue but it is possible if the hdd is bottlenecking the rest of the system in terms of loading textures.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

@DocSwag Like i said who knows, it may not be the fix. I never thought my m.2 drive would be the issue either, but at this point i hope it is. The problem has been going on for 3-4 months now.

@DocSwag So do you think its probably not fixed, just wondering what you think? I know you said probably not but is it possible at all?

3 hours ago, Realz said:

@DocSwag Like i said who knows, it may not be the fix. I never thought my m.2 drive would be the issue either, but at this point i hope it is. The problem has been going on for 3-4 months now.

What ssd do you have again?

2 hours ago, Realz said:

@DocSwag So do you think its probably not fixed, just wondering what you think? I know you said probably not but is it possible at all?

It's definitely possible, and tbh I'm not that sure right now

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Silly question, but how does Rocket League fare offline?  Have you been seeing stutter in other games?

I would say otherwise you have to cap your framerate down (I would say 120 fps).  You could try clocking down your RAM to see if that's unstable, but it's likely just a bottleneck that's associated with these type of games/cpus.  Specifically, rocket league just isn't optimized that well.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:11 PM, Realz said:

I have reinstalled windows, RMA the 1080ti montiored temps and so much more. NExt on my to do list is update bios next week, i just logged some more gameplay on afterburner wanted to see if someone could figure anything out thanks in advance.  

1080ti gpu

i76800k stock speeds

16gb ddr4 3400

1000watt corsair psu

HardwareMonitoring.hml

I read through the thread and didn't see anyone suggest this. 

Some games have weird issues with power management.

In Nvidia control panel under global options, look for power management mode and set it to prefer maximum performance. 

I don't think you need to overclock anything to solve any of those problems. Also make sure your game is Full Screen, and not Windowed or Borderless. 

@idxearo @Biggerboot @DocSwag So i tried it again last night and the issue is still there, i am beginning to believe maybe its my internet maybe but im not sure. Also my nvidia control panel settings are already set to maximum performance.