stutter with 1080ti

Realz
5 hours ago, Realz said:

@Jerped I do i am going to update my bios this coming week and see if that does anything thing, if not what other cpu could i get?

Honestly with a 6800k you should be more than OK. If it's still not working after a CPU upgrade, I would try switching your graphics card to another computer just to see. If you still have the problem, you know it's your graphics card. Otherwise, maybe a motherboard problem, but I'm not sure....

This is gonna seem weird but... What happens if you set the monitor refresh rate at 60 hz and then turn on v sync?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

@DocSwag I am trying that now i can't stand the 60hz its awful, but not i don't see the terrible fps drops they go down to like 150 still but i know v-sync locks the visual at 50fps so iwould never see it. 

52 minutes ago, Realz said:

@DocSwag I am trying that now i can't stand the 60hz its awful, but not i don't see the terrible fps drops they go down to like 150 still but i know v-sync locks the visual at 50fps so iwould never see it. 

What if you do something like lock the fps at 100 or something? Is the stuttering there?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

@DocSwag When i get back i will try this, one question what is this narrowing down? 

13 minutes ago, Realz said:

@DocSwag When i get back i will try this, one question what is this narrowing down? 

I'm trying to confirm it's a CPU bottleneck is all I'm doing. I like to be certain about a problem before suggesting fixes.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

You shouldn't have any issue with a 6800k. That's way enough power for any game. Is your CPU OCed at all? I see the clock is 3.5Ghz which isn't even stock turbo. I personally put mine at 4Ghz across all cores with a mild voltage bump. It's worth getting it to 4Ghz (should be possible at 1.20-1.24V on the majority of 6800ks). Even then it seems like you might have something else going on.

-Are you sure there aren't any background processes interfering?

-Did you try running DDU and reinstalling your GPU drivers?

-Do you have that Intel Turbo boost 3.0 utility running (the software, not the BIOS setting)? If so turn the software off, I found that it messes with proper utilization and is actually worse for performance, this makes a big difference so definitely disbale it if you haven't yet.

-Does your motherboard have a BIOS update? This can make a big difference especially if your running a Haswell-e designed board or an early version of Broadwell-e BIOS as they still needed work when they first came out. Updating the BIOS on my board really helped with broadwell-e compatibility and performance.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

@pyrojoe34 I have tried DDU mulitple times, Turbo boost tech is disabled. I am going to get a usb drive and update bios tomorrow or tuesday, my friend said all the newer stuff i have it may make a difference, and said try different storage next, if the bios update doesn't work

I had the same issue on a similar setup - 6700K, Titan X Pascal and a PG278Q as well. What fixed it for me, was forcing Vsync off in the NVIDIA Control Panel as shown below. In one of the recent driver updates, they changed the way that setting behaves, so if it's set to "Used the 3D application setting" it might force Vsync even though it shouldn't, conflicting with G-sync.

Try setting it to "Off", rebooting, and giving Rocket League a try again:

azstutteringfix.jpg

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Just now, Realz said:

@pyrojoe34 I have tried DDU mulitple times, Turbo boost tech is disabled. I am going to get a usb drive and update bios tomorrow or tuesday, my friend said all the newer stuff i have it may make a difference, and said try different storage next, if the bios update doesn't work

Just to be clear you want to keep Turbo Boost enabled in the BIOS. It's the software itself that causes problems and needs to be disabled. It's weird and doesn't even show up in add/remove programs. You can either select "disable" in the turbo boost icon or permanently disable it.

To do this:

1. Disable the Turbo Boost Max task in Task Scheduler.

2. put this into a command prompt to disable the service: "sc config ITBMService start= disabled" (spacing is important).

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

@Hasle I have already done this, thank you for the help though. I can't get enough assistance with this mess

Just now, Realz said:

@Hasle I have already done this, thank you for the help though. I can't get enough assistance with this mess

Hmm. How about the setting just below - "Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames" - try setting it to 1 if it isn't already?

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

6 minutes ago, Realz said:

@pyrojoe34 No my cpu is not OC'd at all as far as i know, should i OC?

Yes, with gaming on an x99 CPU it's worth giving it even a mild OC. I would say go with 4.0Ghz at 1.2V and test the stability. Bump it up by 0.01V if it's not stable until it is. This will help a lot in 1-4 threaded applications.

Primary PC-

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

Laptop-

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Realz said:

@pyrojoe34 I copy and pasted the CMD one and it is telling me access denied.

First disable the task schedule (first step). Then you have to run CMD as administrator (right click CMD and select "Run as Administrator").

Primary PC-

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

Laptop-

Spoiler

Btw do you see a intel turbo boost 3.0 icon in your system tray? (might be hidden in the up arrow next to the tray)

Also what is your motherboard and BIOS firmware version?

Primary PC-

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

Laptop-

Spoiler

@pyrojoe34 Ok success in cmd now, yes i did see it in my tray mostly when i got on i was just right clicking and closing, so idk if it was still running in the background

1 minute ago, Realz said:

@pyrojoe34 Ok success in cmd now, yes i did see it in my tray mostly when i got on i was just right clicking and closing, so idk if it was still running in the background

Yea it will run again next time you boot if you just close it from the tray. But if you did the two steps I mentioned it shouldnt run any more. Restart the system and make sure it doesn't show up any more.

Primary PC-

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

Laptop-

Spoiler

Just now, Realz said:

@pyrojoe34 Could you talk me through what program to download to OC my cpu

No program. Do it all in the BIOS.

Primary PC-

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

Laptop-

Spoiler

@pyrojoe34 I am about to restart, i think the highest temp i have seen my cpu is maybe 54-55c, so OC should be ok right?

Also is there a setting that makes the cpu downclock at certain times to reserve power that will cause lag?

1 minute ago, Realz said:

@pyrojoe34 I am about to restart, i think the highest temp i have seen my cpu is maybe 54-55c, so OC should be ok right?

Also is there a setting that makes the cpu downclock at certain times to reserve power that will cause lag?

This will automatically happen. Unless you disable the setting the CPU will downclock when it's not needed.

Primary PC-

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

Laptop-

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Realz said:

@pyrojoe34 That ever cause you issues?

Nope. A basic overclock like that is very easy. Set the CPU to manual at 4.0Ghz across all cores, set the vcore to manual at 1.2V, leave everything else at default. Save and boot Windows and test CPU stability (run a few things like AIDA 64 stress test, maybe a couple cinebench runs, etc). Keep an eye on the temperatures the whole time and make sure they stay below 80C (should stay well below that at 1.2V with any decent cooler). If there are no stability issues and temps are good then you're done. If it's not stable (you crash or AIDA reports instability) go back into the bios and raise the voltage by 0.01V (which will now be 1.21V). Repeat stability tests and temp monitoring. Repeat this process until you have no instability issues.

Before you do this you might want to consider updating your motherboard firmware to the latest version. Go to the manufacturers website, download the latest BIOS for your board and put it onto a flash drive. follow their instructions on how to update firmware within the BIOS.

Primary PC-

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

Laptop-

Spoiler