Is upgrading my PSU a good idea?

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if it's a good idea to get a new PSU, my current system has a Core i5 6400 at stock and a GTX 980 Classified overclocked to 1.5GHZ, which isn't a particularly power hungry setup, and probably doesn't even consume near 400 Watts of power. That being said, whenever I stress the GPU and CPU for a prolonged period of time, my power supply gets fairly loud and the air coming out of it is definitely hot. My current power supply is a Deepcool DA550, which is 80+ Bronze and has over 500W on the 12V rail, so it's not utter trash but it kind of worries me, especially considering I cannot find any info about it online even on forums. The OCD in my head always worries that it will explode and that it's just not quite right, so I wonder if I should upgrade. Should I get something higher quality, or am I just over exaggerating and I can use this PSU for now? Thank you in advance for the answers.

It's not a bad PSU.  Same CWT internals as an older Corsair CX.

The exhaust coming out of the back is hot because the fan is doing its job of getting the heat out of the PSU.  That's a good thing.  If one PSU were actually capable of creating more heat than another, it wouldn't be the same efficiency as that heat comes from whatever AC power isn't being converted to DC power.

What I would actually be looking at is how old your PSU is.  Sleeve bearing fans and Chinese caps don't necessarily last very long.