Best CPU coolers?

DevilsHand676

I'm looking for a better CPU cooler (I have the stock amd one). I don't know if I want Air or water cooling 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
CPU Cooler- Artic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm
GPU-  EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA
RAM- CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB 3200Mhz 
PSU- Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Watt
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
SSD- SanDisk Ultra II 500GB SATA III
Case- Custom Made Desk
Motherboard- ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

Microphone- Blue Snowball Ice
Headphones- Razer Nari Ultimate
Webcam- Logitech c270
Monitors- MSI Optix MAG24C and Acer KA240HQ Abid
Mouse- Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard- Corsair K95 RGB Platinum MX Speed

Just now, tp95112 said:

Give us a price 

$0 - $75 nothing too fancy 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
Case- Custom Made Desk

Webcam- Logitech c270

4 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

$0 - $75 nothing too fancy 

If "nothing too fancy" is the name of the game, the $25-30 (usually less with promos and rebates) Deepcool Gammaxx 400 is about the best value cooler out there.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

You can't really go wrong with Noctua, but they run a but expensive.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

What cpu are you cooling and why are you looking for a new cooler? What case and ram are you using? What kind of dollars are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What cpu are you cooling and why are you looking for a new cooler? What case and ram are you using? What kind of dollars are you using?

cpu: AMD FX-6300 - 3.5 GHz

gpu: GTX 1050 Gaming Ti 4GB

ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz

psu: Thermaltake SMART 600W

hdd: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6

case: Corsair Carbide Series 100R Mid Tower

My computer has been crashing recently (just turning off, no crash reports or blue screen) and because its summer time and I am in Arizona it gets really hot like average is 110 F. I used speccy for temps, idle I am getting temps of about 50 - 60  C on the CPU and about the same for the GPU. During games it can jump to about 75 - 80 C on the CPU but the GPU is staying rather calm. I had to open the side panel and stick a mini USB fan in the case to keep it at the above temps ^ (I haven't looked at the temps without doing this, but it hasn't crashed since I have done this). I have also noticed that the PSU is getting rather warm, but I don't have any temps for that.

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
Case- Custom Made Desk

Webcam- Logitech c270

11 hours ago, DevilsHand676 said:

cpu: AMD FX-6300 - 3.5 GHz

gpu: GTX 1050 Gaming Ti 4GB

hdd: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6

case: Corsair Carbide Series 100R Mid Tower

My computer has been crashing recently (just turning off, no crash reports or blue screen) and because its summer time and I am in Arizona it gets really hot like average is 110 F. I used speccy for temps, idle I am getting temps of about 50 - 60  C on the CPU and about the same for the GPU. During games it can jump to about 75 - 80 C on the CPU but the GPU is staying rather calm. I had to open the side panel and stick a mini USB fan in the case to keep it at the above temps ^ (I haven't looked at the temps without doing this, but it hasn't crashed since I have done this). I have also noticed that the PSU is getting rather warm, but I don't have any temps for that.

cant read this in day time theme, need to change it

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

6 hours ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

cant read this in day time theme, need to change it

Okay there we go:

cpu: AMD FX-6300 - 3.5 GHz
gpu: GTX 1050 Gaming Ti 4GB
hdd: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6
case: Corsair Carbide Series 100R Mid Tower

My computer has been crashing recently (just turning off, no crash reports or blue screen) and because its summer time and I am in Arizona it gets really hot like average is 110 F. I used speccy for temps, idle I am getting temps of about 50 - 60  C on the CPU and about the same for the GPU. During games it can jump to about 75 - 80 C on the CPU but the GPU is staying rather calm. I had to open the side panel and stick a mini USB fan in the case to keep it at the above temps ^ (I haven't looked at the temps without doing this, but it hasn't crashed since I have done this). I have also noticed that the PSU is getting rather warm, but I don't have any temps for that.

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
Case- Custom Made Desk

Webcam- Logitech c270

I've tried out several of the high end air coolers, and read reviews on many others.  My personal recommendation if you're going with the high end air coolers is to get the Noctua NH-D15.  Technically it's not the best performing air cooler (I think the Silver Arrow Extreme still holds that title), but because it has the easiest to use mounting system.  Most of the air cooler manufacturers put little to no effort into making a mounting solution easy for people to use, but Noctua's, while not perfect, is by far the best out there.

Also, it might go without saying, but more AC would definitely help you and your computer out here.  You have to remember that improving only your computer's cooling solution means that it's just going to be dumping more heat into your room, which will make it more uncomfortable for you, and as the air temperature rises, make your computer's cooling less efficient.  If you don't already have one, a window AC unit might be a good investment.

On 7/16/2017 at 10:56 AM, DevilsHand676 said:

My computer has been crashing recently (just turning off, no crash reports or blue screen) and because its summer time and I am in Arizona it gets really hot like average is 110 F. I used speccy for temps, idle I am getting temps of about 50 - 60  C on the CPU and about the same for the GPU. During games it can jump to about 75 - 80 C on the CPU but the GPU is staying rather calm. I had to open the side panel and stick a mini USB fan in the case to keep it at the above temps ^ (I haven't looked at the temps without doing this, but it hasn't crashed since I have done this). I have also noticed that the PSU is getting rather warm, but I don't have any temps for that.

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

I'm shopping on Amazon and I have prime for it. I would spend about $75 or so, but hey cheaper the better 

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
Case- Custom Made Desk

Webcam- Logitech c270

36 minutes ago, DevilsHand676 said:

I'm shopping on Amazon and I have prime for it. I would spend about $75 or so, but hey cheaper the better 

Are you shopping in the US?

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you shopping in the US?

yes

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x
HDD- WD Blue 4TB
Case- Custom Made Desk

Webcam- Logitech c270

2 hours ago, DevilsHand676 said:

yes

Kotetsu: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7998TW/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000