Negative temperatures sensed on mobo after waking up the PC

Hello!

This is my issue: few weeks ago I have noticed that after I wake up a PC that was asleep for approximately more than 1 hour one of my fans (SYS_FAN_1) spins at maximum speed which makes it a little annoying and loud. I first thought it is a faulty fan (although all 4 of my fans ar beQuiet PMW Hi-Speed Silentw Wings 3), but I have changed the fan and the same happens. yesterday I have discover by using HWMonitor that when this issue happens the TMPIN shows exaclty -54C, which of course is wrong, causing the fan to spin at 100%. 

I thought to myself, "ok, not a big deal, there are other sensors and although I can I will not return the motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming K5) cause all the time and energy and thermal paste is just not worth it - too much trouble". This fan was the only one based on System 1 in BIOS so I thought that I will just change that in order for the mobo to use different sensor. Unfortunately it did not help. I tried basing the fan on System 1 and System 2, PCIx16 and one other setting, I didn't try the CPU yet, but I wanted the fan to react more or less on the temp in the case (since it is a rear fun) rather than on my processor which probably will make it act a little crazy.

I did update BIOS to the newest version, but that was long before this issues started to happen. 

Any thoughts, ideas? I would really appreciate any help since this is driving me a little crazy already. 

you can use something like Speedfan to set up the fan speed to depend on whatever temp sensor you want

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

1 minute ago, Alesek said:

you can use something like Speedfan to set up the fan speed to depend on whatever temp sensor you want

I will try that, thank you!

But wouldn't changing settings in BIOS also use different sensors? Options like System_1, System_2 and PIC and so on, I would imagine that uses different sensors (especially that it even shows different temperatures for them), and still that thing happens, although according to HW only TMPIN2 is the faulty one.