Best priced 2TB SATA SSDs with 500MB/s+ r/w and ~5 year life

Am looking to build a 5 SSD RAID 1+0 array (5th SSD will be hot standby).

I wish to use 2TB SATA SSDs that come close to saturating the SATA bus (500MB/s+ r/w would be ideal).

Was hoping that the SATA SSDs would last for around 5 years with a medium-low amount of writing and lots of reading the same data.

Originally looked at the WD Blue line but they only go up to 1TB.

As there will be 5 drives, am looking to do this for the lowest price.

Any suggestions? Can be patient, so if there's newer drives coming out then waiting isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!

MX 300, cheapest I can see on newegg (Dont worry about life span, should last for decades if not centuries with normal usage).  

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

If you're more looking at reliability, the Samsung 850 evo would be a good option (300TBW), which costs ~$750

A better value option is the Crucial MX300 with 220TBW, for around $550, but the endurance won't be so good because it's not using 3D nand that I'm aware of.

If I've said something wrong, please correct me

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Keyboard: Roccat TKL Pro Cherry MX blue, Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD, Headset: Currently apple earbuds, planning to upgrade to hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 
Really Old Desktop 
 Processor: Intel Core i7 920, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX58-DS4, RAM: 9GB Corsair XM3 (3*3GB in triple channel) 600 or 800mhz, Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS passive, Asus GT630 4GB if i can get it working, Case: Cheapo Throwout case with most of the standoffs missing, HDD: Some old 80GB hard drive, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 550w, Monitor: 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 13 
 Laptop Which I Use For Everything: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 3337U, RAM: 8GB (2*4GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Nvidia 710m HDD/SSD: WD Black2 Dual Drive, OS: Windows 8.1 
 40 GB/s Network Tester
Processor: Some really good Intel Core i3, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB (2*2GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: Some 1U rackmount mini-itx case with no front bays, HDD: Seagate Momentus 5400, 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 40Gb/s QSFP+ PCIe 3.0 8x NIC, Monitor: any ones lying around, or 32" Kogan TV, OS: CentOS 6.2 (I Think)
Planned 100Gb/s Newtork Tester
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact, Ram: Kingston or G.Skill 8GB 2400MHZ Low Profile, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: 1U Rackmount ITX case, HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 100Gb/s PCIe 3.0 16x NIC, Monitor: Any lying around or 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 22 or CentOS

2 minutes ago, BenR31415 said:

If you're more looking at reliability, the Samsung 850 evo would be a good option (300TBW), which costs ~$750

A better value option is the Crucial MX300 with 220TBW, for around $550, but the endurance won't be so good because it's not using 3D nand that I'm aware of.

Looks like the Crucial MX300 uses 3D nand:

Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology

and Micron do memory for Intel, so should be good.

Had completely overlooked Crucial.

Thanks both!

Samsung EVO 850.

It's the most popular SSD, so that must be something.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 minutes ago, Metalshark said:

and Micron do memory for Intel, so should be good.

Had completely overlooked Crucial.

Thanks both!

Crucial SSDs are basically intel SSDs that are cheaper and of the same quality.

I've ran four MX100 512gbs in raid 0 for two years now without issue.

9 minutes ago, Metalshark said:

Sorry, my mistake. Last time I looked into Crucial they were doing the MX100 I believe, which still had 2D NAND, and while I've heard about tons of SSD manufacturers developing 3D NAND, I thought the only ones that had it in consumer products were Samsung and Adata.

Both are pretty much the same price in Australia :/ and I've got three 850 EVOs in my PC, but that's good to find out for recommendations for friends :)

Definitely the MX300 is far and away the best choice if you're not absolutely hammering it, otherwise the 850 EVO will be slightly better, and the 850 PRO should theoretically be much better due to MLC instead of TLC NAND, but both (especially the pro) are ridiculously expensive at the moment.

Also, SSD prices are likely to be bloated at the moment due to the worldwide NAND and DRAM shortages, but there's nothing you can really do about that and it's not going away anytime soon, so it's just bad timing that you have to buy 5 high capacity SSDs in the relatively near future.

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Keyboard: Roccat TKL Pro Cherry MX blue, Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD, Headset: Currently apple earbuds, planning to upgrade to hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 
Really Old Desktop 
 Processor: Intel Core i7 920, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX58-DS4, RAM: 9GB Corsair XM3 (3*3GB in triple channel) 600 or 800mhz, Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS passive, Asus GT630 4GB if i can get it working, Case: Cheapo Throwout case with most of the standoffs missing, HDD: Some old 80GB hard drive, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 550w, Monitor: 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 13 
Processor: Intel Core i5 3337U, RAM: 8GB (2*4GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Nvidia 710m HDD/SSD: WD Black2 Dual Drive, OS: Windows 8.1 
 40 GB/s Network Tester
Processor: Some really good Intel Core i3, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB (2*2GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: Some 1U rackmount mini-itx case with no front bays, HDD: Seagate Momentus 5400, 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 40Gb/s QSFP+ PCIe 3.0 8x NIC, Monitor: any ones lying around, or 32" Kogan TV, OS: CentOS 6.2 (I Think)
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact, Ram: Kingston or G.Skill 8GB 2400MHZ Low Profile, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: 1U Rackmount ITX case, HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 100Gb/s PCIe 3.0 16x NIC, Monitor: Any lying around or 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 22 or CentOS

1 minute ago, BenR31415 said:

Sorry, my mistake. Last time I looked into Crucial they were doing the MX100 I believe, which still had 2D NAND, and while I've heard about tons of SSD manufacturers developing 3D NAND, I thought the only ones that had it in consumer products were Samsung and Adata.

Both are pretty much the same price in Australia :/ and I've got three 850 EVOs in my PC, but that's good to find out for recommendations for friends :)

Definitely the MX300 is far and away the best choice

No worries, I'd forgotten Crucial even existed a few minutes ago.

The MX300 comes out 20% cheaper and due to bottle-necking from the SATA RAID it looks like I'd get the same speed as an EVO 850 (appreciate the EVO 850 is better in a single drive race). Will keep hunting to see if the MX300 can be beaten though in the next 3-4 months (unfortunately can't wait until the predicted Q1 2018 price drop of DRAM and NAND when memory is more abundant).

2 minutes ago, Metalshark said:

No worries, I'd forgotten Crucial even existed a few minutes ago.

The MX300 comes out 20% cheaper and due to bottle-necking from the SATA RAID it looks like I'd get the same speed as an EVO 850 (appreciate the EVO 850 is better in a single drive race). Will keep hunting to see if the MX300 can be beaten though in the next 3-4 months (unfortunately can't wait until the predicted Q1 2018 price drop of DRAM and NAND when memory is more abundant).

Haha we're basically on the same page xD (look at my edit)

sounds like a good plan, hope you can find a good sale on them

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Really Old Desktop 
 40 GB/s Network Tester