Come up with a build better than this prebuilt for the same price or lower.

I have been looking around for a new computer for a while.  I stumbled across a decent prebuilt PC and was wondering if any of you builders would be able to find any flaws in it.  The graphics card is a 1060 3gb and the CPU is an i5.  all for $769 with a free 1 year protection, and you can get an additional 2 year protection for $69. Also a keyboard and mouse comes free, and I need a keyboard.   This PC is in my price range of between $700 and $800.  Before I make my purchase do any of you see anything wrong with this build?  I know companies like to secretly cut costs to screw over the consumer when it comes to prebuilds so can someone double check it for me.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Predator-AG3-710-UW11-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i5-6400-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Home-Monitor-Not-Included/54518467#about-item

The two games I want to play on this are Ark Survival and Battlegrounds.  But I want this computer to last at least 3 years with options to upgrade in the future if needed.  

20 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

I have been looking around for a new computer for a while.  I stumbled across a decent prebuilt PC and was wondering if any of you builders would be able to find any flaws in it.  The graphics card is a 1060 3gb and the CPU is an i5.  all for $769 with a free 1 year protection, and you can get an additional 2 year protection for $69. Also a keyboard and mouse comes free, and I need a keyboard.   This PC is in my price range of between $700 and $800.  Before I make my purchase do any of you see anything wrong with this build?  I know companies like to secretly cut costs to screw over the consumer when it comes to prebuilds so can someone double check it for me.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Predator-AG3-710-UW11-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-Core-i5-6400-Processor-8GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Home-Monitor-Not-Included/54518467#about-item

The two games I want to play on this are Ark Survival and Battlegrounds.  But I want this computer to last at least 3 years with options to upgrade in the future if needed.  

Slightly cheaper, slightly better pre built

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3514480

Also

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($78.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B250 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($76.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($58.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($264.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Redragon - S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($22.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $704.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-12 10:54 EDT-0400

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Slightly cheaper, slightly better pre built

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3514480

Also

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($78.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B250 Pro4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($76.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($58.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($264.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Redragon - S101 Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($22.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $704.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-12 10:54 EDT-0400

so does the built PC have a better performance than the prebuilt you found? 

Which one would you recommend - the Prebuilt you found or the build you made?

Just now, CooperMyers said:

so does the built PC have a better performance than the prebuilt you found?

Technically yes. The SSD will give you better boot times and program responsiveness, the GPU is stronger (hard to shop for these right now) and the PSU is reliable (no telling what they put in that pre built)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

Which one would you recommend - the Prebuilt you found or the build you made?

I'd probably recommend the one I made, for the same reasons as the ones I listed above

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I'd probably recommend the one I made, for the same reasons as the ones I listed above

How much would I save if I waited for the GPU Mining craze to die down?  

1 minute ago, CooperMyers said:

How much would I save if I waited for the GPU Mining craze to die down?  

Well the GPU that I was forced into would probably only be like $220 (only has one fan on it so not a lot of room for OC'ing), you could also get an RX580 8gb for around $220 which is the AMD equivalent and performs about the same. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Well the GPU that I was forced into would probably only be like $220 (only has one fan on it so not a lot of room for OC'ing), you could also get an RX580 8gb for around $220 which is the AMD equivalent and performs about the same. 

I think I may go for your build but take out the SSD because I care more about spending my money on performance rather than boot times.  

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Also, I saw the intel Pentium.  Is that CPU good enough? 

5 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

I think I may go for your build but take out the SSD because I care more about spending my money on performance rather than boot times.  

SSD=Performance. SSD's are the single best upgrade you can do to any computer to increase it's performance (not including hardware stressing applications like video encoding, streaming or gaming)

3 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

Also, I saw the intel Pentium.  Is that CPU good enough? 

Yes. It's a dual core with hyper threading, so it's extremely similar to the quad core. It's also faster than the quad core

SSD=Performance. SSD's are the single best upgrade you can do to any computer to increase it's performance (not including hardware stressing applications like video encoding, streaming or gaming)

Yes. It's a dual core with hyper threading, so it's extremely similar to the quad core. It's also faster than the quad core

Very useful.  I thought SSD only helped with loading times.  Good to know I was wrong.  

Also, do you recommend CPU Coolers or are they a waste of money

Not for the G4560, or most locked CPU's. The stock cooler it comes with will keep it at safe temperatures. Anything more would "be a waste of money" for the most part since you're looking for more performance.

Not for the G4560, or most locked CPU's. The stock cooler it comes with will keep it at safe temperatures. Anything more would "be a waste of money" for the most part since you're looking for more performance.

Okay!  Very useful!  This will be my first build so fingers crossed I don't mess anything up!

Okay!  Very useful!  This will be my first build so fingers crossed I don't mess anything up!

The last build here is the closest to what you're doing in terms of the CPU cooler, but I linked the other two because theyre all full of good information.

48 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The last build here is the closest to what you're doing in terms of the CPU cooler, but I linked the other two because theyre all full of good information.

looking at the last tutorial he said I had to purchase windows.  Is that true?

51 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

looking at the last tutorial he said I had to purchase windows.  Is that true?

Yes you will need to purchase windows 10. It's around $25 on Kinguin.com

2 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

Someone said that if I sign up as a student I can get it for free at https://imagine.microsoft.com/en-us

It does look like you can do that and get it for free, but I'm not familiar with the process. If you can obtain a key through that method then that's $25 you dont have to spend

13 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It does look like you can do that and get it for free, but I'm not familiar with the process. If you can obtain a key through that method then that's $25 you dont have to spend

Not sure if you know about this, but this video seems legit on how to get windows for free.  Lots of likes on YT and positive reviews in the comments.  

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Okay I checked on the case.  I used a promo code to get $6 off.  

Problem is that it doesn't include free shipping, and shipping on this thing is a real sucker.  

UPS Next Day Air $161.12
UPS Next Day Air Saver $152.45
UPS 2nd Day Air $113.14
UPS 3 Day Select $91.78
UPS Ground

$37.38

As you can see the shipping costs more than the part. 

Sub Total
Coupon Savings
$39.99
-$6.00
Estimated Total
(before Tax & Shipping)

$33.99

this video card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($264.98 @ Newegg) 

is out of stock.  

Edit: I bought all the parts for the build ordered.  Please tell me the GPU I got will work on the system.  I didn't ask anyone before I bought it (bad idea)

I completed the build with another GTX 1060 card.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01N0P24HI/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=1&mv_style_name=2

6 gb - boost clock 1847 MHz  $237.09  - Used like new on amazon

14 hours ago, CooperMyers said:

this video card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($264.98 @ Newegg) 

is out of stock.  

Edit: I bought all the parts for the build ordered.  Please tell me the GPU I got will work on the system.  I didn't ask anyone before I bought it (bad idea)

I completed the build with another GTX 1060 card.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01N0P24HI/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_size_name=1&mv_style_name=2

6 gb - boost clock 1847 MHz  $237.09  - Used like new on amazon

It will 11% work (sorry for the delay) the cooler design isnt the best out there, but it will perform slightly better than the one I linked since it has 2 fans. You wont need to worry about that :) 

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It will 11% work (sorry for the delay) the cooler design isnt the best out there, but it will perform slightly better than the one I linked since it has 2 fans. You wont need to worry about that :) 

11% work?  What 0.o