Best ultra book with full keyboard

Looking for powerful ultra book with a full keyboard. Going to college for Electrical engineering so shouldn't need quad core or dedicated graphics but doesn't hurt to have. 2 in 1 is also considerable. Price around $1200-1500. 

512 ssd and 16gb ram preferred. 

If you mean with a numpad, there isn't an unltrabook with a numpad. Ultrabooks are all 13in or smaller, so none have a numpad. You need a large 15in or 17in laptop to get a numpad

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

dell 5567

The OP wanted an ultrabook, presumably for the thin and light design of most of the laptops - that Inspiron isn't exactly thin. Still a great laptop though, aside from the storage. I would definitely recomend finding a laptop with an SSD in it. If the OP is up to it, then I would recomend replacing the HDD with an SSD. 

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

If you mean with a numpad, there isn't an unltrabook with a numpad. Ultrabooks are all 13in or smaller, so none have a numpad. You need a large 15in or 17in laptop to get a numpad

Alright well what about a thin 15in with num pad?

Just now, Septimus said:

The OP wanted an ultrabook, presumably for the thin and light design of most of the laptops - that Inspiron isn't exactly thin. Still a great laptop though, aside from the storage. I would definitely recomend finding a laptop with an SSD in it. If the OP is up to it, then I would recomend replacing the HDD with an SSD. 

Definietly looking for something thin and light but I will consider this!

2 minutes ago, Bzdougie said:

Alright well what about a thin 15in with num pad?

This is pretty thin with a numpad, ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501VW

However I would go with the XPS 15 personally

If I were to pick my top two favorites, it would be the XPS 15 and the ASUS ZenBook 

I'm in civil engineering, and for your needs I'd either recommend the XPS 15, or the new Lenovo Yoga 720 15".

The latter doesn't have a numpad, but long/decent battery life and fairly powerful and very portable :)

I'm getting the latter, in august, myself as it should cater my needs very well in regards of cad and revit work :)

Edited by KrMaH
Added additional info

7 hours ago, Septimus said:

I'll stick it out there first: XPS 15

No numpad though

Just got one recently, such an awesome machine given how small it is compared to other 15s

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Buy an external numpad.

4 hours ago, lilbman said:

Buy an external numpad.

^ this. I played with having the numberpad on my left side for a good while. was fun. cept the left hand at the end of the day was fucked. speed was still the same. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

UX501VW uses a PenTile (RG/BW) not-true-4K display, that also doesn't look very good due to the gap-touch-layer design as well as the possibility to get a Samsung-brand not-true-4K panel with poor contrast and color balance. For this reason I generally don't recommend the model despite having a numpad which some prefer.

Yoga 720 and Dell XPS 15 are my top recs if you like the idea of the UX501VW on paper.