Cheap cpu cooler for overclocking

Go to solution Solved by Kevo05s,
6 minutes ago, Khaleesinikov said:

I've decided to get myself a new cooler because I rock a cool 80C while gaming and 40-60C while idle.

I own an i5 4690K (not YET overclocked due to motherboard).

I wanted to go with a hyper 212 evo or a hyper T4 but since i have as much knowledge in coolers as a giraffe has wings, i don't really know if these are good. I looked at multiple articles and some were unavailable because they were not sold in my country.

Basically, I'd like to know if these are good options or if not, then please recommend me something. 

invasion of RAM slots does not matter.

212 Evo for the Cheap, though a Dark Rock Pro 3 would do an amazing job if you look at higher end coolers

I've decided to get myself a new cooler because I rock a cool 80C while gaming and 40-60C while idle.

I wanted to go with a hyper 212 evo or a hyper T4 but since i have as much knowledge in coolers as a giraffe has wings, i don't really know if these are good. I looked at multiple articles and some were unavailable because they were not sold in my country.

Basically, I'd like to know if these are good options or if not, then please recommend me something. 

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690K || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce 2 OC || RAM: 8GB Hyper X furry 1600Mhz || Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 || PSU: EVGA 600W (100-W1-0600-K2) || Displays: Asus VC239 1080p ips 23",  Acer x193w 1440x900 19,5" || Keyboard: Bloody B120 || Mouse: Bloody V8M

Proud Member of The Budget Gaming Masterrace

2 minutes ago, Khaleesinikov said:

Why?

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, YedZed said:

Why?

i have a single 8 gig stick so I have plenty of room.

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690K || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 4GB Windforce 2 OC || RAM: 8GB Hyper X furry 1600Mhz || Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 || PSU: EVGA 600W (100-W1-0600-K2) || Displays: Asus VC239 1080p ips 23",  Acer x193w 1440x900 19,5" || Keyboard: Bloody B120 || Mouse: Bloody V8M

Just now, Khaleesinikov said:

i have a single 8 gig stick so I have plenty of room.

I mean its still worth worrying about it for upgradability.

And the 212 Evo will work fine, which is why its so highly recommended. 

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

2 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Hyper 212 evo/led?

212 evo.

6 minutes ago, Khaleesinikov said:

212 Evo for the Cheap, though a Dark Rock Pro 3 would do an amazing job if you look at higher end coolers

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

I would try and get aNY one of the cryorig coolers, the msi would be perfect for you but the h5 is awesome, as is the h7

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

8 minutes ago, Khaleesinikov said:

212 evo.

oh yeah. Sorry. I get this thing where I am thinking about what to type or wright next and just start XD. 

Keep an eye out for the Red LED one, its often only a few pence more then the normal one. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

What case are you using and what's your budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On ‎2017‎. ‎07‎. ‎12‎. at 1:09 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What case are you using and what's your budget?

I've already got the evo 212. I'm using a corsair spec 0-1 and it fits just about right. It is blocking the first ram slot but there is a really small space between the fan and the ram stick. 

I only have one question and i was unable to find the answer for it. Why did I get calcium chloride in a package with the cooler.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:59 PM, Khaleesinikov said:

I've already got the evo 212. I'm using a corsair spec 0-1 and it fits just about right. It is blocking the first ram slot but there is a really small space between the fan and the ram stick. 

I only have one question and i was unable to find the answer for it. Why did I get calcium chloride in a package with the cooler.

If you have the 212 Evo, it should be enough for a moderate oc already. What's your core voltage at?

Uh, not sure why you would receive that. Photo?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On ‎2017‎. ‎07‎. ‎15‎. at 11:39 PM, WoodenMarker said:

If you have the 212 Evo, it should be enough for a moderate oc already. What's your core voltage at?

Uh, not sure why you would receive that. Photo?

Already oc'd on my totally oc ready motherboard (ASUS B85M-E. Since they released an update back in 2014 that allowed haswell and haswell refresh K series to be overclocked, i'm sticking with this one for the time being. I will get a Z97 board after I get my 1080) .

I've tried 4.3ghz with 1.2V and instant bsod. came down to 4.2 and had a black screen 10 minutes into testing but after some forums, It could have happened because my system went into power saving mode and shut the monitors off. But to be safe, i added an extra .03 volts and no crashes whatsoever.

EDIT: I tried to go 4.3 with 1.23 volt but when i reset, fans spin up, then it stops and restarts again and my core settings have been changed from sync all cores to individual cores, and it set up as follows: 43 42 41 41.

1.2 bsods on 4.2 after some prime testing.

(I really have to get that new board)

Cooling yes, is not the best but still better than running on stock without oc.

My highest was 81C on core #1 on full load in AIDA.Games keep it around 60-70. Idles around mid 40s.

Prime managed to crank it up to 100 and i stopped at that point.

I'm an idiot and used a version that had AVX. Now I'm going with 26.6 and the max was 82 on core#1 but the average is 75-80.

Will post a picture nex day about the package.