First working gaming pc

Phosphate

So I bought my first working gaming pc the other day and I was just wondering what m.2 drive I should get and also if it was smart pairing the i5 7400 w/ a 1050 Ti by asus. My last gaming pc crashed all the time since it had a 9 year old CPU and motherboard paired with a 3 year old 750ti. 

1 minute ago, Phosphate said:

So I bought my first working gaming pc the other day and I was just wondering what m.2 drive I should get and also if it was smart pairing the i5 7400 w/ a 1050 Ti by asus. My last gaming pc crashed all the time since it had a 9 year old CPU and motherboard paired with a 3 year old 750ti. 

Don't bother getting an M.2 drive. If you don't have a decent size 2.5" ssd, invest in one. 

CPU/GPU are a reasonable match.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Just now, brob said:

Don't bother getting an M.2 drive. If you don't have a decent size 2.5" ssd, invest in one. 

CPU/GPU are a reasonable match.

I was thinking of getting a 500GB ssd from wd that's around $190 Canadian or should I go with sand disk/sea gate? 

Just now, Phosphate said:

I was thinking of getting a 500GB ssd from wd that's around $190 Canadian or should I go with sand disk/sea gate? 

What model? WD Blue is fine, green is meh. Seagate doesn't make SSD afaik. Sandisk Ultra II is good. SSD Plus is meh

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What model? WD Blue is fine, green is meh. Seagate doesn't make SSD afaik. Sandisk Ultra II is good. SSD Plus is meh

It would be the WD Blue 2.5" 500GB SSD

Just now, Phosphate said:

It would be the WD Blue 2.5" 500GB SSD

it's fine.

3 minutes ago, Phosphate said:

WD Blue is fine, but you might want to consider a Crucial MX300, ca.pcpartpicker.com is showing the two ~500GB units around the same price.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Just now, brob said:

WD Blue is fine, but you might want to consider a Crucial MX300, ca.pcpartpicker.com is showing the two ~500GB units around the same price.

Thanks for the help :)

10 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Seagate makes SSDs,but they're for enterprises IIRC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W