Triple Boot a Mac - Linux Question

So I've been thinking about triple booting a Mac in the future and I was wondering, if I'm using MBR (Master Boot Record) and install in this order: Mac, Windows, Linux and for the Linux installation I install the bootloader to the Linux partition (for example, let's just use Ubuntu), would I still need another bootloader in order to boot to the Linux partition? 

you should be able to boot into the linux partition using your 'macs existing bootloader' on EFI ;)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 hours ago, themctipers said:

you should be able to boot into the linux partition using your 'macs existing bootloader' on EFI ;)

It's not a Hackintosh though, this is a legit Mac related question.

1 minute ago, NCIX Lampy said:

It's not a Hackintosh though, this is a legit Mac related question.

boot from mac onto your linux partition and it should allow you to select between windows or boot into linux.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Use clover or something to have the choice to boot into GRUB, Windows Boot Loader or just mac os x. At least that's how I do it

I triple-boot my Macbook. This is how:

Installed Windows next to macOS using BootCamp. I then created a third partition for Linux and installed it. Now, when I press Option during boot, I see 1 Macintosh HD option, and 2 Windows options. The bootloader is stupid and thinks anything that is not macOS is Windows. 

Anyways, when booted in macOS, I installed rEFind. 

When I boot now, I get the rEFind bootloader first (GUI and boot options are customizable) that shows macOS, Windows and Linux. When I chose Linux I get to Grub where I just configured it to automatically boot Linux after 2 seconds (just to not have to chose linux twice in two different bootloaders).

It might not be optimal, but it works perfectly for me. 

Running Arch with i3-gaps on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme
Data Science Postgrad