should i update gpu?

Arkynsky

i dont hav my gpu now but im wondering should i update gpu(looking at asus gtx 1060 3gb)? do i ONLY update it when i experiencing problems? what about windows is it recommended to update windows?

You don't have a GPU, but you want to know if you should update the GPU that you don't have, and ask if you should without telling us what the GPU you don't have is??

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

You don't have a GPU, but you want to know if you should update the GPU that you don't have, and ask if you should without telling us what the GPU you don't have is??

asus gtx 1060 3gb 

Just now, Arkynsky said:

asus gtx 1060 3gb 

But I thought you didn't have a GPU?

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

im considering the gtx 1060 

Just now, Arkynsky said:

Ok this is asking a question 101. If you want to ask if you should update something first tell us what the thing is. Then tell us what your budget is and current setup

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

I have a feeling that the OP doesn't speak English well so something is being lost in translation here.

1 minute ago, Arkynsky said:

Only get a 1060 6gb. The 1060 3gb is a bad value. (or the Rx 580 if you can find one)

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

6 minutes ago, Arkynsky said:

i dont hav my gpu now but im wondering should i update gpu(looking at asus gtx 1060 3gb)? do i ONLY update it when i experiencing problems? what about windows is it recommended to update windows?

You should only get a new GPU when your current one isn't good enough for the games and experience you want to play. If you're wondering about drivers, I usually don't update drivers but if you're playing the newest titles, it's beneficial to have the latest drivers as these updated drivers often come with optimizations for newer games. As for Windows update, you should be installing them.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 minutes ago, Arkynsky said:

You upgrade the GPU when your current one isn't fulfilling your requirements. Requirements can be something like "must be able to play every game at 1080p on high at 60FPS". Keep it reasonable. If your requirements are something like "Must play every game at 4K on maximum settings at 144FPS", you'll be spending fortunes trying to keep fulfill that.

As far as updating Windows, you don't need to update Windows. You only need to uninstall your current GPU's drivers before installing the new GPU, then install that GPU's drivers.

Are you happy with it? If the answer is yes stick with it. If your not, replace it whenever you can.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

As for Windows update, you should be installing them.

I disagree, but most of my reasons are personal/not true in most cases. But automatic updates can be really anoying, especialy with windows 10. Seems Windows like to do things on it's own, and takes over controll = bad. There has been many a complaint about that in the past.