Heat Shrink as sleeving?

Bill Cosby

I had this crazy idea in my head... not sure how it got there, but could you just buy a ton of heatshrink in different colors and just sleeve a whole cable with it? It would be alot less work, and i think that matte color look would look amazing, especially because heat shrink doesnt have any writing on it. so it would be completely solid. And with all the colors of heat shrink that are now available, you could do whatever you want.

But im not a mod guy, so i dont even know if this would work. Would it still be able to bend the same and stuff? Idk... so thats why im asking!

Thanks

I've been thinking of this too. But on most heat shrink tubing there is writing on it.

But I also doubt it would look good, I guess I could try sometime..

I have lots of it, and I don't care how my current system's inside looks. :P

My system has frame drops on Antichamber, go figure.

Computer Case: Define R4 | CPU: FX8350 @ 4.4Ghz (1.35v) | Cooler: NH-D14 | MoBo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical (LP) 16GB 2000mhz CL9-T1 (1.5v) | PSU: RM1000 | SSD: 120GB 840 Evo | HDD: 2TB Barracuda | GPU: GTX 760 2GB (TwinFrozr)

Peripherals Keyboard: IBM Model M (Buckling Spring) | Mouse: Logitech M570 (Trackball) | Headset: SX-910A (Bluetooth)
Phone iOcean X7 | CPU: MT6589 @ 1.2Ghz (Stock) | Screen: 5" 1080P |---| Tablet Voyo A15 | CPU: Samsung Exynos 5250 @ 2.0Ghz (OC) | Screen: 11.6" 1080P

Heatshrink isn't that malleable when cold. So it would kink in awkward places and wouldn't look that good. Just use paracord or MDPC if you want to sleeve, MDPC gives the best results if you want to pay the premium.