~$1000 Laptop for Video Editing

I'm looking to purchase a laptop to be used for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. I'm located in the USA and have a budget of around $1000. I can go higher if the specs are worth it. I'd like it as small as possible, but it doesn't have to be crazy small or anything. Any suggestions are appreciated.

dell 7559 with the i7. Its about as fast as you get for that price rand. You can get faster gpus for a bit more, but a faster gpu won't really nelp you much in premiere.

12 minutes ago, TomR said:

I'm looking to purchase a laptop to be used for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. I'm located in the USA and have a budget of around $1000. I can go higher if the specs are worth it. I'd like it as small as possible, but it doesn't have to be crazy small or anything. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Dell Inspiron 7567

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

dell 7559 with the i7. Its about as fast as you get for that price rand. You can get faster gpus for a bit more, but a faster gpu won't really nelp you much in premiere.

The 7559 is the old model

On 11/07/2017 at 2:13 AM, TomR said:

Just get a laptop with i7 6700HQ/7700HQ

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

i suggest you check if both of those software support GPU acceleration (CUDA, openCL, etC) and if they do it might be worth having a dedicated GPU otherwise you definitely need ram, disk space, SSD and a fast CPU.

Make sure to go with a 2 Dimm config with ram as you get more memory bandwidth that way.

Inspiron 7559 has a 45% NTSC IPS panel (or a PenTile not-true-4K panel), while the 7567 has either a low quality TN or an IPS with 45% NTSC.

If you want color accuracy on your internal display (rather higher saturation and the ability to calibrate for higher accuracy). Eluktronics' Clevo N850HK1 uses a 72% NTSC / 82%-90% sRGB panel. https://www.amazon.com/Eluktronics-N850HK1-Premium-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B01N7YTLD0/ Doesn't apply to Prostar or Sager's version of this, as last I checked their versions use 45% NTSC IPS panels.