1080 giving me horrible performance in my new custom rig

Just now, griffin1680 said:

yes it was open while in ow

From the other screenshot, it seems like your CPU isn't running at anything higher than 800mhz which would severely bottleneck the 1080. Try resetting the CMOS.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

16 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

You've got a CPU problem, It's only hitting 800Mhz of it's total 3.2 Ghz maximum

here is the hwmonitor for the firestrike benchmark. You can also find the test here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/20940369?

firestrikecpu.PNG

firestrikegpuc.PNG

here is the hwmonitor for the firestrike benchmark. You can also find the test here: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/20940369?

firestrikecpu.PNG

firestrikegpuc.PNG

They already told you what your issue is. Your CPU is not going above 800MHz, which is causing the low performance. 

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

firestrikecpu.PNG

firestrikegpuc.PNG

both showing a max cpu speed of 799Mhz

Definately go with a CMOS reset, take a look in your motherboard users guide if you're unsure how to do it, then rerun the tests and see if the CPU is running at full speed of 3.2 Ghz.

Try resetting the CMOS, here's a tutorial on how to do so:

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000851

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, Tech Wizard said:

They already told you what your issue is. Your CPU is not going above 800MHz, which is causing the low performance. 

Why is it only going above 800Mhz? how do  i fix this? So do i need a new cpu?

Why is it only going above 800Mhz? how do  i fix this? So do i need a new cpu?

Clear your CMOS (pull out the battery on your motherboard, and insert it again), and then try testing again.

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

1 minute ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Definately go with a CMOS reset, take a look in your motherboard users guide if you're unsure how to do it, then rerun the tests and see if the CPU is running at full speed of 3.2 Ghz.

ok, will do

48 minutes ago, griffin1680 said:

I don't have a tool for measuring the temps, is there a way i can measure with software?

I dont have evga oc precision installed, should I?

I have tried a different power supply but only for booting up, not with gaming. It was a corsair rm750i. Do you really think it could be the power supply? the card did come with a 12-8 pin adapter, but i thought i didnt need that.

Evga oc precision has a temp read out 

45 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

45 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Try resetting the CMOS, here's a tutorial on how to do so:

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000851

44 minutes ago, Tech Wizard said:

Clear your CMOS (pull out the battery on your motherboard, and insert it again), and then try testing again.

Following that guide, i couldnt find any jumper caps, i could only find 4 pins with CLRTC under them. I tried taking out the motherboard battery for 5 minutes and then putting it back in. That seems to have reset my bios settings and whatnot, but my cpu speeds are still at 800 Mhz. Do you think i did the cmos reset wrong?

2 minutes ago, griffin1680 said:

Following that guide, i couldnt find any jumper caps, i could only find 4 pins with CLRTC under them. I tried taking out the motherboard battery for 5 minutes and then putting it back in. That seems to have reset my bios settings and whatnot, but my cpu speeds are still at 800 Mhz. Do you think i did the cmos reset wrong?

That's odd, check to see if the CPU clock is locked in the BIOS to 800MHz.

✨PC Specs✨

Type "Choose a power plan" into the start menu and switch it to "Balanced" or "High Performance". Most likely you somehow activated the "Power Saver" plan an it is limiting your CPU clocks.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

10 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

That's odd, check to see if the CPU clock is locked in the BIOS to 800MHz.

Not seeing anything under the CPU config menu

IMG_7716.JPG

1 minute ago, griffin1680 said:

Not seeing anything under the CPU config menu

IMG_7716.JPG

Your CPU ratio is set to 8x, that equates to 800Mhz. it should go to 32 or 36 (boost), i'm unsure what automatically controls that with a locked processor but that seems to be a large culprit to me. that ratio should be a minimum of 32.

5 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Your CPU ratio is set to 8x, that equates to 800Mhz. it should go to 32 or 36 (boost), i'm unsure what automatically controls that with a locked processor but that seems to be a large culprit to me. that ratio should be a minimum of 32.

I have the option to change the min and max CPU cache ratio. Or is that something else?

11 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

I tried changing the ratio this way under per core, but that didn't seem to work

IMG_7717.JPG

10 minutes ago, griffin1680 said:

I tried changing the ratio this way under per core, but that didn't seem to work

IMG_7717.JPG

What about your power profile on the Easy Tuning page? Does it show normal like this?

711.png

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

9 minutes ago, griffin1680 said:

Hmmm, the per core ratio is correct at 32, which makes sense.

Just did a quick google of this particular issue and found some individuals running into a problem with intels adaptive thermal monitor erroneously tripping and downclocking the cpu to 800 mhz.(they specifically reference Z chipset boards, but we are stuck at 800 mhz also)

Try turning off the intel adaptive thermal monitor to see if the clocks return to normal.

For asus board's bios it may be under the heading:

Advanced-->CPU Configuration-->Intel Adaptive thermal monitor-->Enabled (change to disabled)

Reference for the thread I found Here

1 minute ago, Limecat86 said:

What about your power profile on the Easy Tuning page? Does it say normal like this?

711.png

Yes it's normal

5 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

Hmmm, the per core ratio is correct at 32, which makes sense.

Just did a quick google of this particular issue and found some individuals running into a problem with intels adaptive thermal monitor erroneously tripping and downclocking the cpu to 800 mhz.(they specifically reference Z chipset boards, but we are stuck at 800 mhz also)

Try turning off the intel adaptive thermal monitor to see if the clocks return to normal.

For asus board's bios it may be under the heading:

Advanced-->CPU Configuration-->Intel Adaptive thermal monitor-->Enabled (change to disabled)

Reference for the thread I found Here

Can't find that setting in my bios, I'm on an asus h270f board

1 minute ago, griffin1680 said:

Can't find that setting in my bios, I'm on an asus h270f board

are you able to find reference to the setting in your motherboard manual?

9 minutes ago, Maxxtraxx said:

are you able to find reference to the setting in your motherboard manual?

Looked all through the manual, couldn't find anything pointing to that or the ability to change ratio

Do you have the latest bios ? Also you can try setting the cpu ratio to manual and see if that works

12 minutes ago, Premchand said:

Do you have the latest bios ? Also you can try setting the cpu ratio to manual and see if that works

No option for manual, just auto, sync all cores, and per core.

IMG_7719.JPG

15 minutes ago, griffin1680 said:

No option for manual, just auto, sync all cores, and per core.

IMG_7719.JPG

By any chance do you have windows in "power saving" mode?, it usually locks my cpu to 800mhz when I enable it.