PC booting up too fast! HELP?

Go to solution Solved by Corwin111,
2 hours ago, Vielo said:

There are my power settings;

Allow Hybrid sleep: ON

Hibernate After: NEVER

Well there you go. What you are seeing is hybrid sleep, not a full shut down. It turns off all the fans and drives and retains your session in RAM after writing a copy of it on the drive in case of power loss. 

It's perfectly ok to use it like that and seeing as you have a HDD, probably preferable to full shut down. 

Hi, I know this is SUPER strange but I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD and it is booting up under 5 seconds! sometimes 3 seconds!

it blinks black and a little white for half a second and then the log in screen appears! Logging into the PC is like 5 seconds!

I am happy but also concerned about this strange behaviour!

This all happened after using CCleaner, deleting a game and setting system restore to 1GB ( I only need the first restore point) Am I supposed to be happy? (I also disabled a few start up applications)

PS: I also set Fast boot up in BIOS

Thanks

This is super strange for a HDD, its faster than some SSD's I've seen. :o

If you're not noticing any instability, You probably have nothing to worry about. The white flashing you're experiencing might be cause for alarm. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I think it is because the settings that you have applied, but if it is working properly then you should be happy I guess. it is indeed really fast though.

also, are you sure your HDD isn't a hybrid? and what reading speeds is it rated for?

It's probably entering some sort of hybrid sleep mode. Check the windows power options, there was a setting somewhere that controls what the 'shut down' button actually does. But really if everything is working fine, just leave it be and enjoy. :)

Interesting, you sure its not just on hibernate? Dont know how its this fast for a full boot, buts thats not a bad thing. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

5 seconds sounds sounds questionable, you're sure you're turning *off* the system right? that sounds closer to hibernate terretory.

that said, people give HDD boot drives too much shit, if you keep clean house they can be pretty damn swift. my media center (which is a frigging 12 watt quadcore) reboots in under a minute :P

4 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Interesting, you sure its not just on hibernate? Dont know how its this fast for a full boot, buts thats not a bad thing. 

To be honest, I don't even know how do put it on hibernate.

Just now, manikyath said:

5 seconds sounds sounds questionable, you're sure you're turning *off* the system right? that sounds closer to hibernate terretory.

that said, people give HDD boot drives too much shit, if you keep clean house they can be pretty damn swift. my media center (which is a frigging 12 watt quadcore) reboots in under a minute :P

Yes, I click the shutdown button.

10 minutes ago, Shadestones said:

If you're not noticing any instability, You probably have nothing to worry about. The white flashing you're experiencing might be cause for alarm. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

What is cause for alarm?

Just now, Vielo said:

Yes, I click the shutdown button.

*which* shutdown button?

if you want to make sure, reboot, and time that ;)

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

*which* shutdown button?

This,

shutdown-restart-option-windows-10-start-button.png.4d4fa77671ec50a88d3a9214f9be913a.png

13 minutes ago, Corwin111 said:

It's probably entering some sort of hybrid sleep mode. Check the windows power options, there was a setting somewhere that controls what the 'shut down' button actually does. But really if everything is working fine, just leave it be and enjoy. :)

I have power options on Performance, if that helps :D

Sounds fishy to me, are you sure there's not a secret SSD in there? ;) 

I edit my posts a lot.

Just now, MrDrWho13 said:

Sounds fishy to me, are you sure there's not a secret SSD in there? ;) 

Haha no xD 

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

*which* shutdown button?

Just now, Vielo said:

here's the thing, a HDD cant spin up and read the amount of data it needs to read quick enough to boot into windows in 5 seconds.

either you're trying to bullshit the forum, or you performed voodoo.

OK, we're gonna need to see a video of this to verify! xD

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

here's the thing, a HDD cant spin up and read the amount of data it needs to read quick enough to boot into windows in 5 seconds.

either you're trying to bullshit the forum, or you performed voodoo.

Are you sure?! How do I check if my HDD is not a hybrid or not?

1 minute ago, Ezzy-525 said:

OK, we're gonna need to see a video of this to verify! xD

i'm sensing BS or problem in layer 8 :P

Just now, manikyath said:

Mhm.. Should I be worried about this?

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

This all happened after using CCleaner and setting system restore to 1GB.

1 minute ago, Vielo said:

Mhm.. Should I be worried about this?

He was being sarcastic lol

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Just now, Vielo said:

This all happened after using CCleaner and setting system restore to 1GB.

you see.. i do those two things on computers on a daily basis (lots of customers' computers means lots of maintences) neither of these should impact boot times in any significant way.