Maxwell 900 series strange crash

Anyone ever have a Maxwell card crash randomly in game under full load for no reason, this card does it in every game eventually, like 30 minutes to an hour ish. I've tried everything I know of just short of throwing it out the window. I've used GPU-Z to monitor what was going on at the time of the crash and the GPU wont clock back down from max unless I disable it in device manager or hard boot the PC. I'm interested to see if anyone can think of anything I haven't already tried

1 hour ago, Tackett351 said:

Anyone ever have a Maxwell card crash randomly in game under full load for no reason, this card does it in every game eventually, like 30 minutes to an hour ish. I've tried everything I know of just short of throwing it out the window. I've used GPU-Z to monitor what was going on at the time of the crash and the GPU wont clock back down from max unless I disable it in device manager or hard boot the PC. I'm interested to see if anyone can think of anything I haven't already tried

have you tried underclocking it? so turn down the frequenzy or disable gpu boost. But honestly sounds like a bad card, have a look at the capacitors look if they are bloated. If you didn't void the warranty just rma it.

yeah I've underclocked it and bios flashed a lower power threshold, same results, even gave it more wattage at one point, only thing I can think of is my power supply unit isn't holding up under load through the 6 pin pci,  but even that seems unlikely because my radeon card with a larger TDP works just fine out of my other machine. and I haven't had the blower off to look at the board yet, that will be something I will check, is it even possible to buy new capacitors? unlikely right? lol