What's Your Favourite Password Manager?

What is your favourite Password Manager?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Password Manager?

• LastPass
    • Dashlane
    • KeePass
    • Other (Please Specify)
    • I don't even use it

I'm just wondering, I personally use KeePass, how about you guys?

Can you guys state your reason as well for choosing the software?

I'm a bit obsessed with open-source stuff, besides I don't really like the idea of storing stuff online where syncing is a thing. I like to keep my passwords offline, well KeePass' got lots of plugins as well which might be useful someday.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Pinky Squishy thing

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I dont use password managers.

I have tested Keepass at work and it does work. I've just never been a fan of giving my passwords to something else other than what the password is actually used for.

My brain.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

11 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

My brain.

No a pink squishy

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

I dont use password managers.

I have tested Keepass at work and it does work. I've just never been a fan of giving my passwords to something else other than what the password is actually used for.

In the case of Keepass, you're not "giving" them your password. It's simply a password used to decrypt the database. If you're worried about security, using a password manager is acutally a good practice.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

18 minutes ago, Alterlai said:

In the case of Keepass, you're not "giving" them your password. It's simply a password used to decrypt the database. If you're worried about security, using a password manager is acutally a good practice.

But it's stored locally. I haven't messed with let's say keeping it on Google Drive but the moment you lose that local database, you lose ALL passwords. If you rely on a password manager for your passwords, you're out of luck at that point. I know they are a good practice, but not necessarily "best" practice of security.

By keeping my passwords in my head I have peace of mind, until I go into a coma and wake up with no memories! I guess at that point I wouldn't even know what websites to go to lol.

Just now, NinJake said:

But it's stored locally. I haven't messed with let's say keeping it on Google Drive but the moment you lose that local database, you lose ALL passwords. If you rely on a password manager for your passwords, you're out of luck at that point. I know they are a good practice, but not necessarily "best" practice of security.

By keeping my passwords in my head I have peace of mind, until I go into a coma and wake up with no memories! I guess at that point I wouldn't even know what websites to go to lol.

You can store it in the cloud for synchronization across devices.

but the moment you lose that local database, you lose ALL passwords.

You can backup the database periodically.

By keeping my passwords in my head I have peace of mind

The thing about remembering passwords is that people choose passwords that are either insufficient in complexity, or re-use passwords in mulitple locations. This also creates a single point of failure. It would be impossible to have a unique and strong password on every single site and be able to remember all of them.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

10 hours ago, NinJake said:

Password managers allow you to use very long, complex and unique passwords for every site you use easily, unlike your memory. How many long, unique and complex passwords can you hold in your head? You might have some good passwords that you reuse. It may be difficult to brute force those accounts, but if just one of the sites leaks your email and password, people can try those credentials on popular websites and get access to other accounts that weren't even leaked. It's a lot easier to make sure a single file and a single master password is never lost than it is to remember many passwords. I doubt you'd find many security experts that recommend memorizing every password over using a password manager.

On 07/07/2017 at 0:56 AM, NinJake said:

Me personally, for the master password I wrote it on a piece of paper, just in case if I forget the password.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Personally, i used intel's truekey. I thought it was great, until i got bored of having it go all weird and not log on to my site when i want it to. i went back to using the ol' brain method, remembering 1 master password and adding things to each, for a example, one of my passwords could be "HydYenDkeEni#8394******* " . The stars can be something like GmaiL1 if it was gmail, or Fac3book0 if it was facebook. The password would be changed alot too.

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.

i use notepad

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

5 hours ago, Tsuki said:

i use notepad

So you put all your passwords in notepad and store it somewhere deep in your PC?

7 hours ago, Brianyu said:

Personally, i used intel's truekey. I thought it was great, until i got bored of having it go all weird and not log on to my site when i want it to. i went back to using the ol' brain method, remembering 1 master password and adding things to each, for a example, one of my passwords could be "HydYenDkeEni#8394******* " . The stars can be something like GmaiL1 if it was gmail, or Fac3book0 if it was facebook. The password would be changed alot too.

I haven't heard of it, just checked it and it seems complicated.... I might stick with my current password manager.

My memory can be short sometimes, when I have different password for every account, problems start to arise.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

8 hours ago, Tsuki said:

i use notepad

wha- what?!!? Oh, well i guess if you have like a pc that will never again be connected to the internet you could store them there, but i feel like paper does the same thing, and its, errr- more secure. i mean, even if the file is encrypted, keyloggers ans screen recording malware exists.

2 hours ago, DimasRMDO said:

I haven't heard of it, just checked it and it seems complicated.... I might stick with my current password manager.

My memory can be short sometimes, when I have different password for every account, problems start to arise.

Yea, it was either stare into your computer's camera or use a fingerprint. something something biometric data is safer then a password.

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:42 AM, DimasRMDO said:

So you put all your passwords in notepad and store it somewhere deep in your PC?

On 7/8/2017 at 8:38 AM, Brianyu said:

wha- what?!!? Oh, well i guess if you have like a pc that will never again be connected to the internet you could store them there, but i feel like paper does the same thing, and its, errr- more secure. i mean, even if the file is encrypted, keyloggers ans screen recording malware exists.

oh trust me, i know its terribly stupid. i just dont care lol  i keep it on a flash drive in my desk.

and theres no accounts that actually have any priviledged information on it. and all my passwords for everything are unique, so nobody will be able to use any of those to get other passwords.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 11/07/2017 at 7:13 AM, Tsuki said:

oh trust me, i know its terribly stupid. i just dont care lol  i keep it on a flash drive in my desk.

and theres no accounts that actually have any priviledged information on it. and all my passwords for everything are unique, so nobody will be able to use any of those to get other passwords.

I see :P well, I'd at least zip the folder and password protect it.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia