Need hel with a reminder program

TeamLTG

Hello,

I have been given to do a project in which a user enters his date of birth and the program starts counting and when a specific date comes it reminds him for his vaccine. This will be an android program done in NetBeans using java.

All help is appreciated.

Thank you

soo you want us to write the whole for you? i dont see a specific question or problem at hand.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 hour ago, cluelessgenius said:

soo you want us to write the whole for you? i dont see a specific question or problem at hand.

Of course not! I just need to know the best way to solve it.

4 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

Just write some Java and you're good.

Otherwise, please specify your question. Solve what?

Well one thing is that I have no idea how to make it give notifications.

36 minutes ago, Dat Guy said:

is funny how people seem to think that no one documents anything anymore....

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

9 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

is funny how people seem to think that no one documents anything anymore....

Laziness or ignorance or a combination of both :P

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

You think to far into the project I think. Start with setting dates and add a countdown. Then start thinking about a other feature.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

Ok, i have set up the ui  using android studio and have searched a bit but can't seem to find anything for the timers. There are several, each for one vaccine. So one is 6 months, the other a year and so on. The starting date is specified using a date text box and then the timer should count from that date until it finishes, then shows a notification. If you could help me do the timers i would be very thankful.

Use the Android Developers manual and look for the correct terms. Don't expect anyone here to read manuals for you.

Write in C.

Ok, one last problem. When im in android studio the layout seems fine in the preview but as soon as i run it on my phone the buttons and the text are messed up (in different places). How can i solve this

15 hours ago, TeamLTG said:

Ok, one last problem. When im in android studio the layout seems fine in the preview but as soon as i run it on my phone the buttons and the text are messed up (in different places). How can i solve this

a screen shot might help.

16 hours ago, TeamLTG said:

Ok, i have set up the ui  using android studio and have searched a bit but can't seem to find anything for the timers. There are several, each for one vaccine. So one is 6 months, the other a year and so on. The starting date is specified using a date text box and then the timer should count from that date until it finishes, then shows a notification. If you could help me do the timers i would be very thankful.

well you have a start date and the end date so take todays date time away from the end date time once you're after the start date and what you have left is how long left.

have a timer to tick every second and recalculate + then display. 

4 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

a screen shot might help.

well you have a start date and the end date so take todays date time away from the end date time once you're after the start date and what you have left is how long left.

have a timer to tick every second and recalculate + then display. 

fixed the xml.

Now i have chosen to use a date picker dialog which is nice but i have no idea how to set up (searched the manual, still can't configure it) and i need to make it so it saves the date to a file (which i also can't seem to do). If you can help me that would be great. 

1 hour ago, TeamLTG said:

fixed the xml.

Now i have chosen to use a date picker dialog which is nice but i have no idea how to set up (searched the manual, still can't configure it) and i need to make it so it saves the date to a file (which i also can't seem to do). If you can help me that would be great. 

http://www.atticsquad.com/devblog/2011/9/30/saving-and-loading-application-data.html