Case placing ideas?

dippindotz
Go to solution Solved by AMICLG,

Put a piece of wood underneath it on the carpet.

I am in need of some ideas where to place my case. I have a very low pile carpet, but I'm not sure how much is enough to choke the powersupply. I can't place it on my desk, cause its a cheap walmart desk and the desk would probably break. Any cheap ideas? 

Put some brackets in the wall in some studs and mount it there. Doesn't have to be high up, just off the ground. 

if that's a no go as you don't want to damage the wall, grab some legos and built it a small stand up off the ground.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If u hav a small old table... Or build 1 yourself.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Make some raisers from some scrap wood or something. I did that until i got my new desk.

get a bit of wood or cupboard shelf and put it on the floor then put case on top i got a shelf from ikea when i had my pc on carpet.

You could put some sort of stand on the bottom, just to give it a bit of extra height 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Put a piece of wood underneath it on the carpet.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Just place it upside down on the carpet...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I just found this peice of wood from my old desk in the garage. Any ideas on how to cut it, cause its a bit too wide and long for my case.

Just place it upside down on the carpet...

LOL, it would be fine on it's side.

I just found this peice of wood from my old desk in the garage. Any ideas on how to cut it, cause its a bit too wide and long for my case.

A saw 

bg_HandsawBG_rip.jpg

I have my computer on one of these and am pretty happy with it.  I skipped the center shelf and it fits rather nicely.  And if you are feeling ambitions you can use it for cable management to thread things. . .  if you are into that type of thing. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

I'll just cut it on Wednesday when I'm at my dads. Hopefully he hasn't packed up his saw for his move... 

Well, I'm lucky I guess ? My dad works with wood (no idea what it's called in english) at his work, so he can design a desk for all of us privately. He's made several desks for me and my sister, and so far I have planned a new one which we will be making this week. :o

Either way, if you have the option you can either get a huge table for your stuff + desktop on the side, or you can do as my dad this to this table.
Basically he built the table, then at one of the legs he made a piece of wood fit on the side of it, so it made a stand. It's roughly like 30cm ( like 6-7 inches I guess) off the ground, and it sits rather nicely. 

Just make sure the fans and power supply can breathe and it will be just fine 

if that's a no go as you don't want to damage the wall, grab some legos and built it a small stand up off the ground.

Glued janga blocks? Cheaper and as of yet probably not done