How Should I Go About A Single CPU+GPU Loop Order Wise?

Hey everyone, so the time is very close as to me building my new RYZEN 5 System, I don't want a bunch of mess as it will be my 1st time attempting to Water-cool, but I still don't want it to be messy. I am getting ready to literally pull the trigger on the 1600X (Thread-Ripper depending on Performance) and 1080ti FTW3 Hydro Copper, I want each to have their own Rad just to be safe and I am looking at XSPC RayStorm Pro X4 Photon AX240 WaterCooling Kit plus additional XSPC AX240 Rad for the Hydro Copper.  ***Edit***  The case choices I am looking at are either the Phanteks Entho Pro M Tempered or the 3x Tempered Anidees AI-Crystal RGB Cube ATX Tempered Glass Gaming Case:  Case Choice Links Below

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042  - Phanteks

OR

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7TD5RT8416 - Anidees

What order should I put loop in?

How many fittings would I need?

The kit comes with 6 Comp. fittings, should I get 2 more to make it 8 or will I need more???

Any help for this Water-cooling noob will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

IT DOESN'T MATTER

do whatever looks good for you, try making short runs for the tubes

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Loops order does not matter, so do whatever you find easiest to do as long as the reservoir is before (and spatially above) the pump, since you have a pump/res combo you do not need to worry as long as you don't do anything crazy like mount it upside down.

Each component will require 2 fittings (generally speaking) so your kit covers your 1x rad, 1x cpu block, and 1x pump/res combo

You will need 4 more fittings for the GPU block (I assume the hydro does not come with compression fittings) and the extra radiator.

You may also want to a plan for a drain port, which will mean at least a T-splitter, ball valve, and a couple of male-to-male fittings.

2 minutes ago, islandg@m3r said:

Hey everyone, so the time is very close as to me building my new RYZEN 5 System, I don't want a bunch of mess as it will be my 1st time attempting to Water-cool, but I still don't want it to be messy. I am getting ready to literally pull the trigger on the 1600X (Thread-Ripper depending on Performance) and 1080ti FTW3 Hydro Copper, I want each to have their own Rad just to be safe and I am looking at XSPC AX240 X4 AMD Kit plus additional AX240 XSPC Rad for the Hydro Copper. What order should I put loop in? How many fittings would I need? The kit comes with 6 Comp. fittings, should I get 2 more to make it 8 or will I need more???

Any help for this Water-cooling noob will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

You will need an extra 2 fittings for the extra radiator but make sure to get the exact ones as in the kit or you may have leaks. Also i suspect this is soft tubbing so order some extra tube, again of the same size as the one in the kit. The 8 fittings should be enough but it would really depend on your ability and case to know if you will need/want like say an extension or two or say a rotary fitting or two. You will also need two ectra fans for the extra radiator as the kit will only have fans for the radiator that is in the kit.

Leak test outside your case and make sure you have the PSU jumped and not connected to your MOBO, the constant on and off to fill the loop will cause boot errors on your HDD/SDD. When filling the loop make sure to never run it dry as it can damage the pump. You failed to mention the case so i can't suggest where to put what. You will have to pay attention to spacing of the radiators and fans regarding the MOBO's heatsinks and supplemental MOBO power connector.

How do you plan to connect all the fans?...the kit won't come with a fan splitter/hub so you will have to look in to getting one of the hubs or two of the splitters.

happy looping.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

13 minutes ago, Leonard said:

You will need an extra 2 fittings for the extra radiator but make sure to get the exact ones as in the kit or you may have leaks. Also i suspect this is soft tubbing so order some extra tube, again of the same size as the one in the kit. The 8 fittings should be enough but it would really depend on your ability and case to know if you will need/want like say an extension or two or say a rotary fitting or two. You will also need two ectra fans for the extra radiator as the kit will only have fans for the radiator that is in the kit.

Leak test outside your case and make sure you have the PSU jumped and not connected to your MOBO, the constant on and off to fill the loop will cause boot errors on your HDD/SDD. When filling the loop make sure to never run it dry as it can damage the pump. You failed to mention the case so i can't suggest where to put what. You will have to pay attention to spacing of the radiators and fans regarding the MOBO's heatsinks and supplemental MOBO power connector.

How do you plan to connect all the fans?...the kit won't come with a fan splitter/hub so you will have to look in to getting one of the hubs or two of the splitters.

happy looping.

Apologies thanks for pointing out case choice...I completely forgot.  Just Edited.

27 minutes ago, islandg@m3r said:

Apologies thanks for pointing out case choice...I completely forgot.  Just Edited.

WOW, two nice cases there, however the price variant on the two can accommodate other cases as well soif i were you i would look at other two in the $99-$169 price range and make sure they are watercooling compatible., and i am not saying the two  you chose are not. Good thing on the Anidees case you chose is that it comes with a 3-pin fan hub so you may just need to get splitters for the radiator fans and you can run those from the MOBO fan headers.

As for the loop order you need to make sure that you follow the inlet and outlet for the coolant of the components like the radiator, pump/res combo in order for your loop to be a success this is your main order priority, other than that the order is up to you and how you want your runs to be e.g, it maybe better if you run say the GPU to rad 1 then to the CPU block then to rad 2 to avoid over lapping of the tubes<----just a suggestion on what is possible, you may also not care and don't mind if it looks like a intersection on an Indian roadways and have everything overlap.

Put a link for the XSPC loop so i can check if the GPU block comes with fittings.

25 minutes ago, Leonard said:

WOW, two nice cases there, however the price variant on the two can accommodate other cases as well soif i were you i would look at other two in the $99-$169 price range and make sure they are watercooling compatible., and i am not saying the two  you chose are not. Good thing on the Anidees case you chose is that it comes with a 3-pin fan hub so you may just need to get splitters for the radiator fans and you can run those from the MOBO fan headers.

As for the loop order you need to make sure that you follow the inlet and outlet for the coolant of the components like the radiator, pump/res combo in order for your loop to be a success this is your main order priority, other than that the order is up to you and how you want your runs to be e.g, it maybe better if you run say the GPU to rad 1 then to the CPU block then to rad 2 to avoid over lapping of the tubes<----just a suggestion on what is possible, you may also not care and don't mind if it looks like a intersection on an Indian roadways and have everything overlap.

Put a link for the XSPC loop so i can check if the GPU block comes with fittings.

Yea those cases Im stuck between hard to decided, both look modern which is what I was going for, the XSPC kit only comes with CPU Block and 6 fittings in Kit nothing for GPU, which is kinda why I switched from reg 1080ti FTW3 to the Hydro Copper because as it stands, don't believe there is a custom waterblock out yet for the FTW3 plus I will only be paying 100 bucks more on top of reg ftw 3 price which currently is 764.98 after rebate and 4.99 Shipping I believe on Newegg, bcuz average water block is 150 bucks so I technically save 50 bucks going with the Hydro.  =)  For some reason I think the Hydro comes with its own fittings, but im not sure gotta double check.  Either way having all the same fittings to match is better aesthetically. XSPC Kit Link Below:

34 minutes ago, islandg@m3r said:

-snip-

I did some more reading around, and think that you will indeed a total of 10 fittings. The last 1080 series of hydro copper did not come with any fittings so if you go with 8, you will likely have a bad day.

As for your fans, I would just get some fan-splitters, most fans are so low power consumption that your motherboard headers will have no problem splitting the load.

44 minutes ago, islandg@m3r said:

Yea those cases Im stuck between hard to decided, both look modern which is what I was going for, the XSPC kit only comes with CPU Block and 6 fittings in Kit nothing for GPU, which is kinda why I switched from reg 1080ti FTW3 to the Hydro Copper because as it stands, don't believe there is a custom waterblock out yet for the FTW3 plus I will only be paying 100 bucks more on top of reg ftw 3 price which currently is 764.98 after rebate and 4.99 Shipping I believe on Newegg, bcuz average water block is 150 bucks so I technically save 50 bucks going with the Hydro.  =)  For some reason I think the Hydro comes with its own fittings, but im not sure gotta double check.  Either way having all the same fittings to match is better aesthetically. XSPC Kit Link Below:

The hydro copper does not come with it own fittings, it comes with port plugs and a allen key  so you would need two more ports for that. nice to see you are getting your WC parts from performance-pcs, you can ask them to make sure all the tubes, blocks and fittings are all compatible, they are very helpful and will sure make a nice package with everything you purchase for you, heck they would even put together all you r parts if you tell them what you want to do. They also have codes to get a percentage off, OCN55 was one in the past, not sure if it is still active or not but you can either ask them or put it in the coupon code field on your checkout page.

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

The hydro copper does not come with it own fittings, it comes with port plugs and a allen key  so you would need two more ports for that. nice to see you are getting your WC parts from performance-pcs, you can ask them to make sure all the tubes, blocks and fittings are all compatible, they are very helpful and will sure make a nice package with everything you purchase for you, heck they would even put together all you r parts if you tell them what you want to do. They also have codes to get a percentage off, OCN55 was one in the past, not sure if it is still active or not but you can either ask them or put it in the coupon code field on your checkout page.

Thx for the coupon info =)