Painting the front of the 450d

RoKa

Hey guys,

Im interested in painting my old case to be able to re-sell it to someone else. (As I left one big nasty scratch on it with the wheels of my office chair.)

There's a front plate glued to the mesh and I was wondering if I could just spray the mesh as well, as it is quite a open mesh. (Roughly 1mm holes)

So I have two questions;

1) Can I just paint the mesh with the front panel?

2) How do I clean the whole thing the best? (Dust and other nasty stuff in it.)

Pictures for reference:

Spoiler

450d_partial_top_view_of_case.png

you can paint the mesh as long as you don`t put the paint on so heavy that it runs and covers the holes, looking at that case it shouldn`t be an issue. You`ll ahve to paint the whole front panel though as you won`t match the design that`s on it. As for cleaning, take it all apart, use a cloth to get into the corners, a hoover to get all the dust out, you can use an air duster but if it`s an empty case there`s really no need

11 minutes ago, Colonel D said:

you can paint the mesh as long as you don`t put the paint on so heavy that it runs and covers the holes, looking at that case it shouldn`t be an issue. You`ll ahve to paint the whole front panel though as you won`t match the design that`s on it. As for cleaning, take it all apart, use a cloth to get into the corners, a hoover to get all the dust out, you can use an air duster but if it`s an empty case there`s really no need

I was thinking about this, what do you think?:

Spoiler

pcvoorbeeld.jpg.397a2fcc787e5d96cf6b393221fe4b25.jpg

black and red is always a good color combo, if you have a mesh filter for the top I would leave it black as it would be a nice contrast with the red underneath slightly coming through

19 hours ago, RoKa said:

Hey guys,

Im interested in painting my old case to be able to re-sell it to someone else. (As I left one big nasty scratch on it with the wheels of my office chair.)

There's a front plate glued to the mesh and I was wondering if I could just spray the mesh as well, as it is quite a open mesh. (Roughly 1mm holes)

So I have two questions;

1) Can I just paint the mesh with the front panel?

2) How do I clean the whole thing the best? (Dust and other nasty stuff in it.)

Pictures for reference:

Hide contents

450d_partial_top_view_of_case.png

As said you don't want to clog the mesh with paint ideally masking or removing it for paint would be best. For a design such as that due to the complex nature of the thin lines would suggest to look into getting a vinyl wrap option as it can be precisely cut by the vinyl plotter and would be easy to transfer and apply onto the front than try to mask all of that off. For the side panel that would be a good candidate to paint.