Issue with RGB's on my case

Therim

Hello, I just bought a case from Thermaltake, which is their View 28 Riing Edition here's the link http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00003049

The thing is, it's advertised as it has an RGB fan at the back and an RGB decoration in the front, there were some plugs at the back, it was like a controller of some sort, I plugged the fan there and the front RGB decoration. The thing is I can't see the RGB and I also don't know how to tweak them. The back fan is spinning though. I just don't know how to activate the RGBs...

Thanks

i'm assuming that you need to connect that controller to your motherboard via usb or something so the computer can control it.. i'd double check the manual, but i'm not downloading 90 megs of pdf when i only get 160-170kbps (i have 100mbit internet)

@deniz.erim

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

5 minutes ago, Changis said:

i'm assuming that you need to connect that controller to your motherboard via usb or something so the computer can control it.. i'd double check the manual, but i'm not downloading 90 megs of pdf when i only get 160-170kbps (i have 100mbit internet)

@deniz.erim

Hmm? how can you only be getting that speed from 100Mbit/s internet speed?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

13 minutes ago, Changis said:

@deniz.erim

there was a molex controller which I connected to the PSU, as I said in the back there was a little board with several pins on it

12 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Hmm? how can you only be getting that speed from 100Mbit/s internet speed?

thermaltakes lousy download servers

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

4 minutes ago, deniz.erim said:

there was a molex controller which I connected to the PSU, as I said in the back there was a little board with several pins on it

could you take some pictures of the controller and the pins?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Changis said:

thermaltakes lousy download servers

Ahhh I see. I thought you meant in general that was your downlaod speed on a 100Mbit line :D

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Just now, paddy-stone said:

Ahhh I see. I thought you meant in general that was your downlaod speed on a 100Mbit line :D

i usually top out at around 10,2 mbps on average when downloading from steam servers ;)

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Changis said:

could you take some pictures of the controller and the pins?

Here 

20170701_003646.jpg

@Changis

Yeah, that's cool, though I think you meant 10.2 MB/s though right? which is not bad for servers that are probably being hit heavily all day every day. I top out at around 5.7MB/s or 45.6mbps when downloading from almost any source, but that's through a VPN server too, and my max for line is 52mbps (6.5MB/s). I used to have 72 max line, but downgraded as most times I would only hit around 60-65 anyway, and plan worked out much cheaper to go to 52.

I do wish they would upgrade the lines more, it seems inefficient to expect people to pay for shit speeds as eventually those people will go to a different tech (if possible) instead of paying almost as much as the people with high speeds for crap service. I don't consider my speed crap by the way, I was just saying in general these companies fuck over some of their clients with really crap speeds like <1 Mbps in some areas. I hope the satellite network comes to fruition that Tesla/spaceX whatever is developing, that should get rid of most of the NOT spots that companies don't want to upgrade because of cost to population density being low or inaccessible. Not sure of the exact specs of that project, but if it could bypass most of the wires altogether then it should be pretty cool and fast enough, plus access for many of the world that doesn't have internet now too :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini