Does anyone know of a "Detailed Skyrim" that doesn't go overboard?

Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,

Watch Gopher's Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim and skip ahead to Video 6 ('Water') if you're familiar with NMM, BOSS, TES5Edit, and installing mods in general.

He also does a series on different mods in Skyrim (Skyrim Mod Sanctuary) that goes over many of the best mods in the game.

I use Expanded Towns and Cities, maybe that one would work for you.

I think my actual problem is that I'm using Steam Workshop...

I've got NMM installed now and I uninstalled every mod from Steam. 

Here we go, let's see how this turns out. Thanks for the awesome links. :D

Hi guys,

So I installed all of the "Towns and Villages Enhanced" series of mods for Skyrim. Including Outskirts and such. They were beautiful, but that much stuff made my game jittery. I assume it is the game trying to keep up with so many objects and failing, or wtv. 

It even did it in inns. Which... confuses me. 

PC Specs:

R9 290X
i5 3570k
32GB of RAM. 

... So I doubt it's a hardware problem. 

Anyway, I uninstalled all the "Detailed/Outskirts" type of mods and everything is fine now. No more jitters. But at the same time, default Skyrim and it's cities are very empty. Now, to my question, does anyone know of a mod that adds more detail to Skyrim, but in a more conservative fashion? 

Like... "Towns and Villages Enhanced" adds TONS of stuff to everything. I don't need that much. But without it, it's empty. Is there a balanced mod out there? Something that adds stuff but does so with FPS/Memory/Game Engine in mind? 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,
Vitalius

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Skyrim never was made right for pcs in the first place.. Might also just be a micro suttering problem with your gpu too

Skyrim never was made right for pcs in the first place.. Might also just be a micro suttering problem with your gpu too

Removing the mods fixes the problem. I doubt it's a hardware problem since that is true. And I don't mean "remove all mods", but "remove those specific mods that add detail to everything".

The only hardware thing that could cause that, I think, is VRAM (such as it being bad), but even with these mods, Skyrim barely uses 1.4GB of VRAM at what I play at (2xAA, FXAA, Ultra everything, 1080p). The 290X has 4GB. 

I could be wrong, but I tested it. I agree about Skyrim for PC though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Be sure to add this gem in.

Will increased quality of experience at least 3 fold.

HAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Be sure to add this gem in.

Will increased quality of experience at least 3 fold.

That is one of the greatest mods on the planet!     Immersion +9000

upload a video of your gameplay, i want to see all those mods in action, if you can.

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

One thing you can try is re textures. Clothing and weapons re textures are a must. You can go deeper too and do potions and scrolls and miscellaneous items too.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Logan from teksyndicate has a guide (I Don't have the time to find it) But he gives a list of the 100+ mods that he uses, that should be a good place to start. :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

upload a video of your gameplay, i want to see all those mods in action, if you can.

I'll try that tomorrow. 

Here are some screenshots:

These aren't of the cities.

11008645284_e555f6b0f9_o.jpg

11006180454_eb2f75b93f_o.jpg

Logan from teksyndicate has a guide (I Don't have the time to find it) But he gives a list of the 100+ mods that he uses, that should be a good place to start. :)

I completely forgot about that. Thanks. :D

† Christian Member †

I use that mod on my 5850 and i know what you mean. I found a GPU boost mod and a Memory mod and both of those help A LOT. It could just be me but i think they should help. 

Also, this will help aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4rBkV-vRpY

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

you can use this mod, to make skyrim more wow, more eyegasm, i don't know if you know it, or you already have installed but, take a look to this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936/?

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

you can use this mod, to make skyrim more wow, more eyegasm, i don't know if you know it, or you already have installed but, take a look to this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936/?

wont work for me.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Watch Gopher's Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim and skip ahead to Video 6 ('Water') if you're familiar with NMM, BOSS, TES5Edit, and installing mods in general.

He also does a series on different mods in Skyrim (Skyrim Mod Sanctuary) that goes over many of the best mods in the game.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

I think my actual problem is that I'm using Steam Workshop...

I've got NMM installed now and I uninstalled every mod from Steam. 

Here we go, let's see how this turns out. Thanks for the awesome links. :D

† Christian Member †

I wouldn't think that would be the problem.  But then again, I've never used Steam Workshop, so let us know if using NMM fixes the problem.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

I wouldn't think that would be the problem.  But then again, I've never used Steam Workshop, so let us know if using NMM fixes the problem.

So far, it has. 

I've got a ton more stuff installed (the mods folder is around 4.8GB) and I'm not even getting hiccups. And my Grid is set to 7. Whereas, even setting my other one to 5 wouldn't fix the problem. 

If you look under "Description" of this mod, you will see a list of mods he recommends to get his visuals. I have 90% of them installed. No hiccups. Still rocking 60FPS. 

I'll add the expanded towns and cities to the list tomorrow (I'm at work, going to sleep immediately after). If they are compatible with all those other mods. The game is beautiful now. The cookie cutter plants and empty spaces are filled with unique plants everywhere. It's so great. :D

† Christian Member †