What graphics card is better/ is the extra money worth the upgrade

theminnesotanman

3 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

Are these all 1080's? because if you want to hit 165 fps now and down the line, a 1080 is your best bet. plus, you should get one before the graphics card shortage affects them too

It's all going to be identical (unless one breaks down, but that shouldn't happen) if you go for stock freqs.

If you're talking about OC headroom, it's probably going to be the one with the AIO, though the 3 fan one will perform admirably as well.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, edwbob said:

Are these all 1080's? because if you want to hit 165 fps now and down the line, a 1080 is your best bet. plus, you should get one before the graphics card shortage affects them too

These be 1080ti's.

Ain't no graphics shortage here.

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

If you don't care about noise get the cheapest.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

These be 1080ti's.

Ain't no graphics shortage here.

True that :)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

If you don't care about noise get the cheapest.

and has a good warranty. It appears they all have the same warranty tho but getting an extension doesn't hurt :D.

1 minute ago, Navbryce said:

and has a good warranty. It appears they all have the same warranty tho but getting an extension doesn't hurt :D.

@OP

Keep in mind EVGA is pretty good in general (except for their 1080 firestarters, which is barely ever happens @ EVGA)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

@OP

Keep in mind EVGA is pretty good in general (except for their 1080 firestarters, which is barely ever happens @ EVGA)

True. They're pretty good brand.

Just now, Navbryce said:

True. They're pretty good brand.

So going with the FTW3 Should be perfectly fine? Cause i will want to OC. 

all the 1080tis will be fairly simmilar, msotly asthetics now or prefrences on cooling. At that level many have noted the GPU isint heat limited but voltage limited due to a max voltage lock Nvidia has on it.

5 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

So going with the FTW3 Should be perfectly fine? Cause i will want to OC. 

I bought a FTW3 and returned it for a SC Black. FTW3 has better VRMS for OC but it doesn't matter at all because EVGA didn't bin the GPUs so everything is down to the silicon lottery. 

I had a Hybrid 980. Pro is it's quieter under load but it's louder at idle because of the pump. 

also b&h photo offers no tax if you're not in NY or NJ so it might be cheaper than newegg. 

23 minutes ago, edwbob said:

plus, you should get one before the graphics card shortage affects them too

Very, very unlikely since 1080 and even more 1080 ti are very inefficient at mining. Bad choice, won't be attractive for miners.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

13 minutes ago, bomerr said:

I bought a FTW3 and returned it for a SC Black. FTW3 has better VRMS for OC but it doesn't matter at all because EVGA didn't bin the GPUs so everything is down to the silicon lottery. 

I had a Hybrid 980. Pro is it's quieter under load but it's louder at idle because of the pump. 

also b&h photo offers no tax if you're not in NY or NJ so it might be cheaper than newegg. 

How do u like the SC BLACK? cause i mean its a $60 difference

18 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

How do u like the SC BLACK? cause i mean its a $60 difference

My SC Black isn't that good. It hits about 1950 MHz @ 1.07v. 

But my FTW3 wasn't that either. It didn't even hit 2Ghz which was part of the reason I returned it. 

If EVGA isn't binning their cards then I might as well get the cost savings. 

Just now, bomerr said:

My SC Black isn't that good. It hits about 1950 MHz @ 1.07v. 

But my FTW3 wasn't that good either. It didn't even hit 2Ghz which was part of the reason I returned it. 

So what one should i get?

I would go with the SC and save the extra money. The FTW3 does have better OC abilities but Nvidia limited the shit out of these cards with a 1.09v voltage and 120% powerlimit so your OC results will be based entirely on the silicon lottery. 

Just now, bomerr said:

I would go with the SC and save the extra money. The FTW3 does have better OC abilities but Nvidia limited the shit out of these cards with a 1.09v voltage and 120% powerlimit so your OC results will be based entirely on the silicon lottery. 

Okay so SC Black Will be the best and most cost efficient option vs the other 2?

1 minute ago, theminnesotanman said:

Okay so SC Black Will be the best and most cost efficient option vs the other 2?

Well hybrid is probably the most efficient option. But like I said the pump is noisy at idle so it's not as good as a regular waterblock. 

Just now, bomerr said:

Well hybrid is probably the most efficient option. But like I said the pump is noisy at idle. 

Okay. Well ill prolly go with the hybrid. Already going Balls to the Walls with this build. Pm me and i can show you what i have and what i plan on doing? Cause i do want to switch the fan on the hybrid with a 120mm ML corsair fan. Will that be okay?