The ultimate console killer REPLACEMENT

Hello world, i have a biiiiiiiiig question for ya'll..

In want to build a xbox one/ps4 replacement build and i already have the case and some parts sorted.

Now let me explain in detail my desires:

This is PC is going to replace a console in almost every single way, this includes being small and being quiet (i'm not sure how quiet 'next gen' is but let's pretend it's not hearable quiet) But powerful. It will running on primarily my 42" 60hz 1080p TV it's panasonic and about 2 years old, i can upgrade if needed. It will also be plugged into a monitor for some other things. It will sit beside my bed on a desk as a home entertainment centre like xbox one and play HD games like ps4. It will be plugged into both the tv and the monitor at the same time BUT i don't want to loose fps or performance by having the monitor (22") turned on, it will only be used if i need a desk like setup, in that case i'll turn my fat ass round and look at it other wise it'll be turned off, but still plugged in. So first mini question is will that affect fps, frametime, or anything? 2nd it NEEDS to be primarily used with my tv so like i said before if replace need be then ok, because it wouldn't be a REPLACEMENT if it didn't do everything the console did. 3rd.. It ABSOLUTELY HAS to be flawless in frametimes, consoles are extremely smooth, just with ugly 720p resolutions and all that. but they are smoooooth, mm ooo sooo smooth, i want that on pc, if that means buying older parts because they've had more updates then so it is. 4th QUIET this PC needs to be ohh soo quiet because it's going to 50cm from my head.

Now let me list the parts i've confirmed:

Case: Cooler Master 130 elite MINI ITX case (because it's close to console size)

CPU: i5 4670k

MOBO: Asus h87i-Plus

PSU: Corsair HX650w

RAM: Crucial 1x8 1600 CL8 (will upgrade to 16 later)

SSD 64gb adata grey

HDD: Seagate barracuda 3tb (seagate over wd for quietness)

Now i have heard that intel stock fans are loud so what low profiles air cooler can i put on this that'll be very quiet, as i won't be overclocking very much at all if i even do which i might not, BUT also fits under the psu and ALSO leaves room for the gpu? I will also replace stock 120mm at the front coz it's loud too.

So overall the questions are:

Do i need a new TV?

How do i prevent frametimes from being an issue and gfx card is best for it?

What fans and heatsinks can i use to keep this rig quiet?

I am thriving for a silent/very quiet, ultra smooth and not problems, compatible with TV console replacement like experience, thanks for your time :)

Also i should mention that i live in New Zealand, i will post 2 site below that stock pc parts DON'T WORRY ABOUT PRICING, I WILL SORT THAT OUT CHEERS!

But you did not specify a budget?!

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

noctua makes some quiet low profiles heat sinks. the intel stock heat sink is loud no matter how u run it. Haswell runs hotter than previous chips so i would still buy an aftermarket cooler

U can probably keep ur tv. Try it when u finish ur build and upgrade ur tv if u are unsatisfied. 

noctua, gelid wing and air penetrator are good fans 

u should go with a dual kit of ram rather then a single 8gb ram stick. Most if not all recommend filling 2 slots of memory now a days. 

Having an auxiliary display uses very few resources.

Where are you shopping? Budget? Seriously, tell us a rough budget before everyone starts recommending quad sli titans. 

No gpu?

Intel's stock cooler isn't that loud at all if you have decent case airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Having an auxiliary display uses very few resources.

Where are you shopping? Budget? Seriously, tell us a rough budget before everyone starts recommending quad sli titans. 

No gpu?

Intel's stock cooler isn't that loud at all if you have decent case airflow.

hmm, wouldn't they recommend quad 780ti?\

plus he said mini itx, soooo not quad anything for that!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Thanks woodenmarker! i'll keep that in mind

Re read some things, it might help on the budget and size of the case stand point

Cpu Air Coolers available to me: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/Computers/Components/Cooling-Solutions/CPU-Coolers/Intel/All/

Fans available to me: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/Computers/Components/Cooling-Solutions/Case-Fans/All/

BUDGET: For gpu r9 280x at the MOST EXPENSIVE

CPU AIR COOLER: $50

Fans can be anthing

Are you open to using other NZ shops?

Don't make separate budgets for each part unless you're asking for an unbalanced build. What's your total budget?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

First of all, you'll be playing on an HDTV so you'll be using Vsync, which will give you smooth gameplay as long as you have enough GPU power to maintain 60fps at whatever quality you desire.

I recently built a PS4 "replacement" for my little bro.

AMD Athlon X4 750K(temporary until Kaveri)

Gigabyte FM2+ motherboard (waiting to slip in Kaveri)

CX600 psu

Sapphire GHz dual-x 7870(pretty much exactly the performance of PS4)

8gb 1866mhz memory(but would recommend high speed if anticipating FM2+ apu)

Bluray player(not a console killer if it doesn't play blurays)

1TB HDD

All for under $600 with case

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Are you open to using other NZ shops?

Don't make separate budgets for each part unless you're asking for an unbalanced build. What's your total budget?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Sorry, i've got the hang of quoting now haha. Yes i am open to other shops, the only other good one is dragonpc.co.nz though

I think you should go with a lower CPU to allow for more budget on the GPU. For a console replacement, you don't need that strong of a CPU. If you are set on it, go for it

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Intresting parts and idea, but i must ask, even if you do make a replacement, (its only down to the hardware) how are you going to deal with the exclusive games? Thats the mayor diffrence between pc and console, so calling this a console replacer is kinda pointless becouse it lacks some of the games and features of a console.

This picture shows that I NEED a small air cooler, cheers

Buy a Fractal Design Node 304 instead. You can fit a Hyper 212 EVO into one of those things. Also, get a damn Z87 board if you're buying a K-Series i5.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Intresting parts and idea, but i must ask, even if you do make a replacement, (its only down to the hardware) how are you going to deal with the exclusive games? Thats the mayor diffrence between pc and console, so calling this a console replacer is kinda pointless becouse it lacks some of the games and features of a console.

THE BEST POINT EVER!

You sir are sooo right.. but! I am not too bothered about this, yes the exclusizes are great but in the end it just looks average, like, the exclusives aren't a big enough thing for me to need next gen, i have an old 360 for platfrom exclusives so yeah :)

THE BEST POINT EVER!

You sir are sooo right.. but! I am not too bothered about this, yes the exclusizes are great but in the end it just looks average, like, the exclusives aren't a big enough thing for me to need next gen, i have an old 360 for platfrom exclusives so yeah :)

fair enough, but why not just settle with nvidia shield and buy a beast router, almost the same price + its more portable, games can...WILL be streamable from nvidia servers in the future so even if you dont have a beast pc you can play games.

Nevertheless, good luck, also 360/ps3 wont be getting the later exclusives that the ONE/ps4 will get.

PEOPLE! i have specified budget! gods sake! I only want 3 things and i want them in that corsair case! i might check out the other case that theslsamg said, but other than that, i need AROUND R9 280X PERFORMANCE/PRICING and a cooler that'll fir in the corsair MINI-ITX case with room for gpu too coz in the pic they guy in the vid said with even that cooler there couldn't be a GPU due to there being not enough room. Also i can't get z87 coz i want MINI ITX and the difference between low end i5 and high and are just a matter of 20 bucks so i can make that saccrifice. p.s. sorry about any spelling errors!

PEOPLE! i have specified budget! gods sake! I only want 3 things and i want them in that corsair case! i might check out the other case that theslsamg said, but other than that, i need AROUND R9 280X PERFORMANCE/PRICING and a cooler that'll fir in the corsair MINI-ITX case with room for gpu too coz in the pic they guy in the vid said with even that cooler there couldn't be a GPU due to there being not enough room. Also i can't get z87 coz i want MINI ITX and the difference between low end i5 and high and are just a matter of 20 bucks so i can make that saccrifice. p.s. sorry about any spelling errors!

What Corsair case? And FM2+ has mini itx and is way cheaper for your budget.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

You didn't really tell us a budget... I can easily pick out a few hundred dollars worth of fans... Money which would be better suited to a better graphics card. On my opinion, the noctua l9i os the best low profile cooler which also offers quiet operation. As far as case fans go, the corsair case probably already comes with satisfactory fans. Probably rebranded SP or AF fans, which should be just fine for you. Also, since you specified that the most expensive GPU you can get is the 280x, get that. You want to invest the most into your GPU and if that's the most you can afford, get it

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

There were a lot of questions in this post, if i get the 280x is it going to be smooth and are the FRAMETIMES going to be good? also i am verrry sorry about this but i was meant to say to say teh COOLER MASTER case not corsair, i appologise. Also thank you slsamg for the fractal design case suggestion, it's a beautiful case but it's a little too big and it cost 100 bucks more so i will have to stick with the cooler master 130 itx case.

There were a lot of questions in this post, if i get the 280x is it going to be smooth and are the FRAMETIMES going to be good? also i am verrry sorry about this but i was meant to say to say teh COOLER MASTER case not corsair, i appologise. Also thank you slsamg for the fractal design case suggestion, it's a beautiful case but it's a little too big and it cost 100 bucks more so i will have to stick with the cooler master 130 itx case.

Ha, triple post... The 280x will absolutely destroy games... Especially if you're connected to a TV which probably limits frame rate to 30fps anyway. Frame times are going to be exceptional too, you don't run into issues unless you run multiple cards and even that isn't a problem anymore. It doesn't matter what case really, it should come with adequate stock fans.. You might want to replace them at after date with air penetrators or noctua fans if you're unhappy with the noise

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

PEOPLE! i have specified budget! gods sake! 

No you haven't. 

Please calm down before your keyboard breaks. 

There were a lot of questions in this post, if i get the 280x is it going to be smooth and are the FRAMETIMES going to be good? 

Sure? It'd be the same as the consoles...