Wifi Adapter

WAR Corporation
Go to solution Solved by BestPCBuilder2017,
7 hours ago, WAR Corporation said:

That's strange. I didn't know they offered the n standard at a rate lower than it was capable of reaching. 

Make sure you get one that reaches 450 mbps, that one in particular according to the details only reaches 300 mbps

@NCIX Lampy Oh there we go: 

• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

Great, so you will need a WiFi card that supports the n standard to get the best experience/results. 

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

CPU Celeron n2830 - GPU Integrated - RAM 1x4GB DDR3 1333MHz - Storage 750 GB 5400RPM HDD

Operating System Windows 10 Home

That's strange. I didn't know they offered the n standard at a rate lower than it was capable of reaching. 

Make sure you get one that reaches 450 mbps, that one in particular according to the details only reaches 300 mbps

3 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Make sure you get one that reaches 600 mbps, that one in particular according to the details only reaches 300 mbps

Fastest N can do on 2.4 Ghz is 450 Mbps. On 5 Ghz I think its 450 Mbps. Even then most N cards on 2.4 Ghz only did 150 Mbps to 300 Mbps. Generally the WiFi cards that do 600 Mbps+ on 2.4 Ghz are AC cards. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Fastest N can do on 2.4 Ghz is 450 Mbps. On 5 Ghz I think its 450 Mbps. Even then most N cards on 2.4 Ghz only did 150 Mbps to 300 Mbps. Generally the WiFi cards that do 600 Mbps+ on 2.4 Ghz are AC cards. 

Thank you for the correction. 

Somehow I misread megabits/second as mbps

16 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

In order to use AC, both ends must support it. 

That is correct only to get the full speeds capable of AC.  In order to use the full speeds of AC, both ends must support it.  Backwards compatibility means that it will run at the matched speeds for the lowest band used.  Therefore, You can get an AC adapter and connect to an N router.  The pricing is negligible, so getting an adapter that is AC is perfectly acceptable.  If someone has an N router, they are not confined to only purchase a matching N adapter.  It doesn't matter if the B,G,N router supports AC or not.  The AC adapter is required to support the connection of B, G, N.