Phanteks vs. Corsair

Dreaper

Crystal 570x RGB or the phanteks evolv tempered glass atx. I love both but cant decide so i need a tie breaker which is you guys :)

1 minute ago, Dreaper said:

Crystal 570x RGB or the phanteks evolv tempered glass atx. I love both but cant decide so i need a tie breaker which is you guys :)

IMO the Corsair one has a little better build quality but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, IskanderEXC said:

IMO the Corsair one has a little better build quality but what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only thing that kinda nicked me with that case is it doesnt support EATX mobos but idk if ill ever get one of those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Flip a coin. You'll decide as it's in the air, or if you're disappointed with the outcome of the flip.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Phanteks needs more love. They're way more consistent but so much less popular. :/

I always find "Case 1 v Case 2" to be a user subjective thing, other people can't really help you decide on that one.

IMO though the phanteks evolve looks sexy as hell.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

I always find "Case 1 v Case 2" to be a user subjective thing, other people can't really help you decide on that one.

IMO though the phanteks evolve looks sexy as hell.

Which one has better airflow because thats another concern after watching J2C and him saying stuff about airflow with certain newer cases

2 hours ago, Dreaper said:

Only thing that kinda nicked me with that case is it doesnt support EATX mobos but idk if ill ever get one of those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tomshardware mentioned in a review that the Evolv is actually too small to fit EATX.

I would go with the Phanteks Evolv, from the reviews I've read it's got good airflow and it looks great.

1 minute ago, z0rp said:

Tomshardware mentioned in a review that the Evolv is actually too small to fit EATX.

I would go with the Phanteks Evolv, from the reviews I've read it's got good airflow and it looks great.

even though phanteks website says it does EATX?

9 hours ago, Dreaper said:

I think corsair products have dipped in quality so i choose phanteks

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

10 hours ago, Dreaper said:

even though phanteks website says it does EATX?

Yeah, from the Tom's Hardware review:

Phanteks leans pretty hard on the Enthoo name for case branding, and the Evolv name invokes a style that the company has spread across the spectrum from Mini ITX to full ATX. Phanteks even lists EATX capability for its Evolv ATX, though actual motherboard depth is limited to 10.4". The case would need another 0.3" to make it fit the plethora of 10.6" to 10.7" extreme-enthusiast motherboards that have been misnamed EATX by their manufacturers

Full Review

Unless you plan on going 3 way SLI or something in the future I wouldn't worry about it.

I love my Evolv. I got it a few weeks before the TG version but was able to buy the window kit for $60. Airflow isn't the best I've seen in a case but it works. Idle on water about 31C

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 hour ago, Vigilante505 said:

I love my Evolv. I got it a few weeks before the TG version but was able to buy the window kit for $60. Airflow isn't the best I've seen in a case but it works. Idle on water about 31C

Is that water a AIO?

6 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Is that water a AIO?

No its an EKWB kit

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 hour ago, Vigilante505 said:

How  bad is the airflow getting a 360 rad

2 hours ago, Dreaper said:

How  bad is the airflow getting a 360 rad

I had the 360 rad on top and front at one time. Fits nicely. The case can even fit the fat radiators from EK. I have something odd going on with my cooling. Max gpu temp I get at 100% load is 55C but my Cpu has been peaking at 75 for some reason. 

I'm likely going to switch to the new CoolerMaster HAF case this September.