What's the best ram for 1700x

I am thinking either the gskill kit for 190ish usd at 3600mhz or the corsair vengeance at 3200mhz at about 120 usd. Will the higher frequency be worth the extra 70 or so dollars? If it matters I'll be using the asrock taichi mobo.

6 minutes ago, theminnesotanman said:

I am thinking either the gskill kit for 190ish usd at 3600mhz or the corsair vengeance at 3200mhz at about 120 usd. Will the higher frequency be worth the extra 70 or so dollars? If it matters I'll be using the asrock taichi mobo.

You probably couldn't run 3600 very well on Ryzen. Just get the 3200 kit. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

You probably couldn't run 3600 very well on Ryzen. Just get the 3200 kit. 

What do you mean by won't run well?

Just now, theminnesotanman said:

Ryzen, at least right now, has poor memory compatibility. At least right now, there's slim to no chance you'll be able to hit 3600MHz until we get more AGESA updates.

Just now, Jade said:

Ryzen, at least right now, has poor memory compatibility. At least right now, there's slim to no chance you'll be able to hit 3600MHz until we get more AGESA updates.

So the corsair kit at 3200 should be fine?

1 minute ago, theminnesotanman said:

it might not run at all either. Ryzen users on ocn are struggling past 3466. http://www.overclock.net/t/1628751/official-amd-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread#post_26040117

3000 and 3200 seem doable. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, theminnesotanman said:

So the corsair kit at 3200 should be fine?

Yep, and it's significantly cheaper. It's a win win for you. 

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

it might not run at all either. Ryzen users on ocn are struggling past 3466. http://www.overclock.net/t/1628751/official-amd-ryzen-ddr4-24-7-memory-stability-thread#post_26040117

3000 and 3200 seem doable. 

Minor hijacking this thread: There's suggested settings from Asus linked in the OP of that thread for the Crosshair 6 Hero; would this apply to other boards as well?

2 minutes ago, Jade said:

Minor hijacking this thread: There's suggested settings from Asus linked in the OP of that thread for the Crosshair 6 Hero; would this apply to other boards as well?

you can try. but if the Crosshair 6 Hero has better VRM, or memory traces it'll work best. 

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

If u are just gonna use it for gaming i suggest getting the 2666Mhz.

Ryzen has issues for 3000+Mhz ram at least for now.

3000 is fine 3400+ is not a great time. 

i've not gotten my vengeance 3200 c16 kit beyond 2933 MHz.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

i've not gotten my vengeance 3200 c16 kit beyond 2933 MHz.

But even then, going for the 3600 would be pointless. Eventually 3200 will be easily hit so that's the kit imma go for.