NiceHash trouble with RX480

8 hours ago, ChalkChalkson said:

I am done.

The GPU pass through did not work and I reverted everything to it's prior state.

I checked the NiceHash website and saw, that 99% of the time DaggerHashimoto is the most profitable, so i set the Benchmark time to 5 seconds and benchmarked only that. Now I mine DaggerHashimoto at a rather pleasant 1.8mBTC a day ... at least until the system crashes (times to happen range from about a minute to 5) and probably calling a customer support tomorrow.

DaggerHashimoto should be the best of the Nicehash algorithms for an Rx480 at the moment. It stinks your card is having troubles.

I would try using Claymore to mine ETH and seeing if that crashes on you. If so it may be the card is just not happy.

2 hours ago, 2bitmarksman said:

I would try using Claymore to mine ETH and seeing if that crashes on you. If so it may be the card is just not happy.

I tried mining directly with claymore's ETH miner, it crashed after a few minutes too :/

I'll call Asus or my retailer tomorrow I guess

2 hours ago, ChalkChalkson said:

I tried mining directly with claymore's ETH miner, it crashed after a few minutes too :/

I'll call Asus or my retailer tomorrow I guess

Yeah, I think it's your card itself man. Hopefully they send a replacement.

Ok, I triggered an RMA, and will send in the card today, but I realised something: When trying to benchmark CryptoNight on my CPU, NiceHash crashes as well, here, pretty reliably after 18-20 seconds. The benchmark also doesn't run properly, because even if I set the time to 5s it runs for ~18s and crashes... I am beginning to feel that there is something very weird going on, because it happens on different pieces of software (ethminer / all the nicehash algos) and different pieces of hardware (GPU/CPU). It also happend on a clean windows install, so what could it possibly be? MoBo BIOS surely has nothing to do with it... That'd be a weirdly specific issue, since it doesn't happen under Furmark 

On 18.6.2017 at 9:31 PM, 2bitmarksman said:

Yeah, I think it's your card itself man. Hopefully they send a replacement.

Hope so, sending it in today... hopefully they aren't the massive ***** they were, when I had to RMA a 970..