Unusually long BIOS time

Hello guys,

I saw a post recently on facebook where guys would share their BIOS times as reported by Task Manager and all of them would have BIOS times around 15-20 seconds regardless of SSD or HDD used for OS drives, which makes sense. Now mine is 47 seconds and I have 3 "Low impact" apps set to start with windows so I don't think that's the culprit here. I have tried not overclocking the RAM as I noticed it first took time when I did that but even reverting to stock speeds (not even XMP) results in long BIOS times still. I tried no OC on either CPU or RAM too to simulate my first ever boots with it (which were decently fast) but to no avail once again.

I have an 850 EVO as boot drive and windows does load nice and fast once I'm past the BIOS and POST. I am on the Asus Maximus VIII Hero board by the way. I'd like to know you guys' BIOS times and if you fixed that issue, how you did it because it's actually slower on the BIOS than my old P67 system which makes it boot faster than my new Z170 one because both have SSD's and it's a bit disconcerting.. :/ 

Try updating BIOS. Setting apps to start with windows will not affect bios time. Can you please link full part list?

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

I'll try updating the BIOS tomorrow, I need to find the USB drive I use for that.

Full Parts list:

Core i5-6600K @4.6 GHz
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133MHz 2x8 (16GB)
EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
Corsair H100i v2 (240mm AiO)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (boot drive)
Toshiba Q300 120GB (SSD)

WD Green 2TB 7200 rpm
2 external USB 3 HDD's (2TB + 500GB)
Corsair RM650x 80+ Gold 
NZXT Hue+ 
All in a Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5 

Update: I am on the 3201 BIOS which is one version before the latest 3401 BIOS for this mobo as of 17th june 2017. In the latest one's patch notes I quote "Improved system Performance" I can hope they fixed this BIOS time issue. I will update main post once I update to the new 3401 BIOS.

Edited by Dunkan77