Looking for a few good mouse pads

So I need a good on the go mousepad for college. If I'm going to be doing CAD modeling away my homemade desk and steel series qck mouse pad I need something. So I was searching around and I was really interested in the razer Megasoma 2. It fits well within the small space I have to carry stuff in and it doesn't appear to be a mega dirt magnet. I was wondering what Yall think and if Razer is the way to go or not.

TL:DR : Looking for a mousepad to carry with me to college and if the razer Megasoma 2 was the way to go.

A smile goes much farther than the person it's meant for.

First impressions are important, it sets the stage for respect.

"If you don't know every word you don't know it!"- SGM McCray

20 minutes ago, TheNewbiestONewbs said:

So I need a good on the go mousepad for college. If I'm going to be doing CAD modeling away my homemade desk and steel series qck mouse pad I need something. So I was searching around and I was really interested in the razer Megasoma 2. It fits well within the small space I have to carry stuff in and it doesn't appear to be a mega dirt magnet. I was wondering what Yall think and if Razer is the way to go or not.

TL:DR : Looking for a mousepad to carry with me to college and if the razer Megasoma 2 was the way to go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Gaming-Rubber-Optical-Compatible/dp/B000UVRU6G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497712557&sr=8-1&keywords=steelseries+mouse+mat

I have this, it's very good quality for not too bad a price. Highly recommend.

1 minute ago, DiscoDuck101 said:

see that's what I have at home but I'm not sure if I should buy another thick mouse pad for on the go. I want to either stick it in between my laptop screen and the keyboard or just roll it up maybe.

Just now, TheNewbiestONewbs said:

see that's what I have at home but I'm not sure if I should buy another thick mouse pad for on the go. I want to either stick it in between my laptop screen and the keyboard or just roll it up maybe.

I think that Steel Series one would be perfect for that in my opinion. Personally, spending $40 on a mouse mat is ludicrous, especially if you're going to be travelling with it. I know I'd much rather lose a £15 mouse mat than a £40 one. If you already have a Steel Series one and like it, just get another one!

1 minute ago, DiscoDuck101 said:

I think that Steel Series one would be perfect for that in my opinion. Personally, spending $40 on a mouse mat is ludicrous, especially if you're going to be travelling with it. I know I'd much rather lose a £15 mouse mat than a £40 one. If you already have a Steel Series one and like it, just get another one!

do they have a smaller than standard version or is the qck the smallest size?

Just now, TheNewbiestONewbs said:

do they have a smaller than standard version or is the qck the smallest size?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-Gaming-Rubber-Optical-Compatible/dp/B000UEZ37G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497712557&sr=8-1&keywords=steelseries%2Bmouse%2Bmat&th=1

There's this one, it's smaller but I'm not sure if it's thinner.

Just now, DiscoDuck101 said:

Sweet! I didn't think steelseries had a smaller one. thanks for your help.

Have you thought about a hard pad? They come in all kinds of sizes often offer better tracking then the equivalent softpad will they are easier to clean and on the note about carrying it around you could just slide it into a backpack ? with your books ? or laptop ?.

My RIG:

I7 6700k - GTX 1080 -  32GB Ram - 256GB 950 Pro(boot) + 1TB 850 EVO(Programs) + 4TB 860 EVO(Games) + 1TB WD Black (Files)

13 hours ago, Legeis said:

Have you thought about a hard pad? They come in all kinds of sizes often offer better tracking then the equivalent softpad will they are easier to clean and on the note about carrying it around you could just slide it into a backpack ? with your books ? or laptop ?.

How much more expensive are hard pads than the soft pads?

It depends. Razor and Corsair have RGB ones that are kind of expensive but if you just go for a generic brand and don't care about flashy lights I'd say somewhere somewhat close to $10 more than the equivalent soft pad. But push comes to shove even the most overpriced mousepad on the market dosen't come close to 90% of anything else in the world of computers. 

My RIG:

I7 6700k - GTX 1080 -  32GB Ram - 256GB 950 Pro(boot) + 1TB 850 EVO(Programs) + 4TB 860 EVO(Games) + 1TB WD Black (Files)

just got a 900cmx300cm corsair mouse pad today its awesome very smooth 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME