ATH-M30 vs custom one pros?

unen

First off yes I realize that these headsets are in different leagues. My work place is switching to an open office plan and is offering to buy everyone a pair of M30's. However before I found out that they were offering to buy everyone M30's I was planning on buying a high end pair of headphones (something like the custom one pros) in the range of $200 - $250. I'm not much of an audiophile probably because I've never experienced audiophile grade audio before.

What music do I listen to?

A little bit of everything.

Techno

Some instrumental (soundtracks from lotr/the hobbit)

Heavy/hardcore rock - we came as romans, bring me the horizon, parkway drive, 

screamo - a skylit drive

punk - blink 182, angels and airwaves, sum41

rap/hiphop - anything from eminem to tech9 to rage against the machine to shwayze

What headphones have I used?

Crappy $15 logitechs,

Razer CARCHARIAS - at the time I liked them as they were the highest quality headphones I had ever used but now the sound is just meh to me with these. Also when i went back to these for a short while I hated how light/loose they felt on my head.

Corsair vengeance 200 - These are my current headphones and other than the headband cracking issue I love them.

I also use some skull candy 50/50 earbuds when on the go and like their sound and bassyness but they are just so uncomfortable

What are my needs/uses?

Like I said above I'm moving to an open office layout at work so one crucial feature is that I can listen to music loud without disturbing the people around me. Other than that just comfortable for all day wear.

I will also be using these headphones exclusively with a 2012 mac book pro most likely without an external amp.

So my question is would you personally buy the custom one pros (or similar higher end headphones) over the free pair of m30s and if you had to guess from my experience/needs listed above do you think I would appreciate the one pros enough to spend the money on them (i know this is hard really answer but I would just like your opinions).

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my jumbled mess of a post.

Custom One pros, one of the bets headphones for bass 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

BMTH is for sure a metalcore band, not rock at all. Or really just screamo. 

1+ for Custom One Pros tho. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Let them buy you the M30's, because free headphones. Sell them on eBay brand new in box. Use that money for COPs.

No brainer, never knock back free headphones,  in fact never knock back free anything.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No brainer, never knock back free headphones,  in fact never knock back free anything.  

Tell that to the Trojans

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

• 2 weeks later...