What is this worth?

itzhexen

I think $1000 is mighty reasonable for that build.

Honestly though, if you got a new case for it, one that looked good, you'd be able to sell it for $1200 and it would sell more easily, so think about that.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Ok, well for about $60 it might be worth it to do that. Thank you for your quick response. Are you including the hard disk in your estimate? could I get the same If I removed it or would it be better to just wipe it and sell it with windows 10 on it?

Buy an 100 dollar case make it look pretty like the phanteks enthoo pro, and you can snag 1300$ for it even though an Enthoo Pro is only 99$ dollars 

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 With Corsair H110i GT GPU: GTX 1060 Strix OC MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon 1tb Samsung 850 Evo

alright so maybe i'll wait until i can get a case for it. i am assuming that is with leaving the sshd in there with windows 10 on it. but if a case will bring up the value of it that much then maybe it's worth doing.

11 minutes ago, itzhexen said:

Ok, well for about $60 it might be worth it to do that. Thank you for your quick response. Are you including the hard disk in your estimate? could I get the same If I removed it or would it be better to just wipe it and sell it with windows 10 on it?

Probably would be convenient if you sold the computer with the Hard Drive and a clean Windows install already ready to go.

For the case I would chose any from NZXT S340, Phanteks P400 or Enthoo Pro M (my favourite of these), Cooler Master Masterbox 5.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Could always just part it out. Should be able to get 400-450 for the GPU, 400 for cpu+mobo+cooler, and 150 for ram easily, to hit your $1000 goal. Keep your case/psu/hdd/windows license that way.

Well that sounds good the NZXT S340 is only $50 right now after rebate on newegg. Thanks for the help. I checked out the other cases too. I like them. I did consider that Cooler Master Masterbox 5 after your post because it has a coolermaster powersupply in it. But I do like the Entho Pro M with the usb ports on the side and how the Phanteks P400 has lights under it.

Yeah parting it out is always an option too. It's good to see it's aleast worth something. However if I buy a new case I guess I'll be keeping this white case and putting the pentium 3 parts back into it anyway. The psu I'm not to worried about either. But the Harddrive has alot of stuff on it and I have to find somewhere else to put all that stuff and go through it and see what I want to keep. I might have enough room spread across 2 harddrive it just leaves me with about 85gb left after I transfer it all over and I'd primarily be using that pc afterwards.

5 minutes ago, itzhexen said:

Well that sounds good the NZXT S340 is only $50 right now after rebate on newegg. Thanks for the help. I checked out the other cases too. I like them. I did consider that Cooler Master Masterbox 5 after your post because it has a coolermaster powersupply in it. But I do like the Entho Pro M with the usb ports on the side and how the Phanteks P400 has lights under it.

S340 is a good choice for selling.

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

The s340 is also the cheapest. So maybe that is the way to go.

Actually i guess that's not so bad. I looked up harddrives and a 3tb was about $85-110. So that would solve that problem later on. Thank you for your help. It's been informative.