What Should i do Now ?

TheRoss0411

I just took apart my Dad's old broken laptop and kept the CPU, RAM, GPU and HDD

Any ideas as to what i could do with them ?

The CPU is broken and i doubt the GPU works, they are all old.

Thanks

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Keychain for the cpu. Use the gpu for a coaster or something.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Keychain for the cpu. Use the gpu for a coaster or something.

How do you make a CPU into a keychain ?

And the GPU is very old and has no heatsink

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

CPU : keychain

RAM : ruler

GPU : no idea

HHD : if not working open it get the platters and the magnet  for the fridge and do this with the platters(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpQtXtARvDQ  should work the same way)

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

You just drill a hole in the cpu and put the chain through it. The gpu does not need to work to be used to put drinks on it.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48005-ultimate-case-modding-guide-submit-your-tutorials-updated-daily-show-off-your-mod/ the last guide is how to make it

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

burn it with fire??? i dont know 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

You just drill a hole in the cpu and put the chain through it. The gpu does not need to work to be used to put drinks on it.

What i meant by old is that it is just a card

It is a laptop GPU so I think it is impossible.But I did get where you took that from.

CPU : keychain

RAM : ruler

GPU : no idea

HHD : if not working open it get the platters and the magnet  for the fridge and do this with the platters(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpQtXtARvDQ  should work the same way)

I might try them, but the RAM is tiny (laptop RAM)

Boil them into a nice fine mix of metal and sell it to some metal recycling center. :D You need a big pot with lots of heat hehehe

I might try them, but the RAM is tiny (laptop RAM)

Well then this is what I just though :

Drill a hole(small) in the middle of the stick,then get a toothpick and glue it in the hole and you have made a paper holder 

by post it I mean this

post-17455-0-18198100-1385211410.jpg

post-17455-0-86663900-1385211460.jpg

If HDD is working, you can turn it to external hdd. With really small efford.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv