Bad temperatures despite custom loop

Looking for advice as to why my temps are so poor, and what I might be able to do to improve them, but first, some backstory.

(All primary watercooling parts are from EK, photo attached) 

I built my rig in early 2015 in the Enthoo Luxe, using a 240mm rad in the top and a 120mm in the rear to cool my 4790k and single GTX 980. Temps were great and I was very happy with the system. Then, in late 2015, I moved my system into the Enthoo Evolv, and rearranged the rad configuration to the same 240, now in the front and a slim 360 in the top. I immediately saw an increase in my temperatures, which I was not expecting as I actually upgraded my pump to a proper DDC at the same time as adding far more radiator space. I assumed this was due to the significantly poorer airflow in the new case, but it was not until recently when I put a second 980 into my system that the temps got to the point of concern. 

My primary card with a very aggressive fan profile can reach up to 60 degrees in games, which is far higher than I would expect/want for a water-cooled system.

20170222_130704.jpg

The loop may need a service. Clean the radiators, clean the fans, reapply the thermal paste on the 2 GPU'S and CPU and use new fluid. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Two thoughts though I'm not an expert. 

How is your pump speed controlled? Perhaps turning it up or down will help? Can you give us some info on this aspect? 

Two, and probably less likely relevant but I see you go GPU1, GPU2, CPU, Rad1, rad2 for the loop. Maybe going to GPU1, GPU2, Rad, CPU, Rad would be a better flow to help dissipate heat between. Loop order isn't supposed to matter and I suspect this doesn't but it's still something to consider... 

Aw man, that sucks. It's a beautiful build too. I would definitely go by what @LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo. Sadly, if your usual tricks didn't work you'll have to eliminate things one by one. Just as a silly suggestion, have you tried pulling off the covers and exposing the rads more to see what effect they have? It's the simplest thing to try and then use to compare temps to the previous case setup. Pump speed like @FrankV suggested is also a good idea. The Evolv is my go-to case, but yes, like you said, not the best airflow. Just try exposing the rads though, see what happens. I'm assuming by the build that you maintain it fairly well with fluid and all, and you dust the rads regularly so the only other thing I can think of is an obstruction somewhere.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

i would drain the loop, clean everything out and reasemble and use new fluid, there could be some gunk in your blocks or something. you could also try raising the pump speed if its not already maxed out

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Could be trapped air or worst gunk build up in the blocks you might have to clean out the block and rads with some chemical that design to break down gunk and repeat cleaning until the temps come down. That just my 2 cents and as well check the tj case or tj junction if that within in spec as some montioring software report higher temps than normal like my xeon e5450 eo revision tjmax temp is offset 85c where the other montioring stated 100c

You have your GPU's in parallel with a DDC pump, you might be getting to slow of fluid speed though those blocks which can hurt cooling performance.

a high of 60c is not even bad, what temps were you expecting?

Can you give use more info on temps, you say temps are poor but only mention 60c on the GPU's with not much to go off of.

was that a full system stress test or gaming load.

what does the CPU hit?

does it hit 60c very fast or over a few minutes?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Airflow on that top 360 is almost nothing. I been down this road with the Evole, you should run low RPM high static pressure fans to make most use of the limited air flow your gonna get. 60c is not that hot for the record, my mATX build hits that but I also run my fans at 600rpm

Welcome to the Evolv ATX.   It is a terrible water cooling case without some modifications.  

Your best option and what I will probably do is shown here.  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-DQBWq23ERYM2FvX2NnNlNlNXM

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

I assume these are the high fpi rads. The pe stuff? I blame those and poor airflow. Only way I fixed t is to remove restrictions like covers over the fans and doing pushpull for the intake rad.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

As @The Benjamins said, 60 celsius under load is fine.

What are your idle temps?

CPU idle/full load?

GPU while stress testing?

Apologies for my lack of response to this thread, just finished exam period at uni. Thanks heaps for all your thoughts and ideas.

To everyone recommending that I clean my loop out I completely agree that some maintenance is well overdue. As soon as I have some down time on needing my system I will pull it apart and clean out everything.

I ran some tests, with and without various panels on the case, and saw that my temps dropped ludicrous amounts, don't have any exact numbers or graphs right now sorry, but will try update the original post with a bit of a PSA with a bunch of indepth information for other potential buyers of the Evolv line.

After watching JayzTwoCents' latest video 'Why don't I use my Ryzen 1800X Anymore?', he talks a lot about the very poor airflow in the Evolv ATX solidifying mine and a few other peoples views in the thread about the cases very poor airflow. 

On 19/06/2017 at 9:18 PM, KWelz said:

Your best option and what I will probably do is shown here.  

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-DQBWq23ERYM2FvX2NnNlNlNXM

Do you know who did these mods or have an original forum thread? I have certainly considered in the past to cut some ventilation, just worried that maintaining a decent look cutting into the black finish on my case would be difficult. Would love some tips if you have any to share.

http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread.php?587-EvolV-ATX-TG-Top-Mod

http://www.overclock.net/t/1598825/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-atx/1160

I am considering doing this so I can use the case.   

Jayz2cents did a video yesterday that mentions these issues with the case.  It is part of the reason he doesn't use his amazing looking 1800X build.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.